Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MY14 Odyssey Head Unit

I've purchased a MY14 (RC1) Odyssey VTI which I am very happy with. Now I am looking at customising it and the first project is:

(a) enable Video display while moving - by default the Video does not display while moving.

The product Good!・Navi for HONDA 【TVH-033】 is supposed to enable Video while moving and requires the head unit to be removed for installation.

I've found 2x "how-to" instructions as follows:

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...7817/note.aspx
    http://oyouni.blog.fc2.com/

Finally, I've tracked down the TVH-033 for online purchase here:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/t-plaza/23300/

I'm currently trying to place an order for the TVH-033 including getting it shipped to Australia.
    Last edited by rockycape; 07-04-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added (RC1) detail

Nice....let us know how you go

Shop cancelled the order. I imagine this is because they do not ship outside japan. I will try and use a forwarding company (http://www.tenso.com/) next.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    Looks like a normal 2DIN head unit... you would probably be better off getting an aftermarket HU and just earthing the handbrake cable.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian128 View Post
    Looks like a normal 2DIN head unit... you would probably be better off getting an aftermarket HU and just earthing the handbrake cable.
    on the title I thought that you have the new RC1 Odyssey but seems like you have the RB3,

anyway if you have the RB3 you can always change it with aftermarket one without any problem, I have done it on mine and the mapping its much better than Honda one

Yeah, it's the RC1 Odyssey (I've updated the first post to include this now).

aka_NZX - The aftermarket one looks great in the photo.

I'd consider doing the same but am pretty happy with the head unit it came with particularly the HDMI in which I have connected up to a WDTV plus (and USB memory stick).

Just need the screen to not be disabled when the car is moving.

I think the cable I am trying to buy probably earths the handbrake cable Adrian128.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Google Jesse Streeter, he is well known and reliable for getting stuff out of Japan. Pretty sure he can get the cable if you tell him the part number. I've used him many times to get parts from Japan inc rims, suspension parts and turbo kit.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll follow up from this end.

Hello Rockycape, you planning to change your magwheels? Maybe I can buy 1 or your OEM magwheels???

Sorry I got this noobie question, but is this the only way to make video display while the car is moving??? I have connected my iphone to the head unit and mirror my phone on screen, then I was trying to use some free navigation app as gps, but it won't work because the screen will not display once the car starts moving.

Or would my only option be purchasing the honda link app, $50 for 3 years!?

Wingfairon, didn't Honda gave you the 3 years subscription? Because Honda gave me it as complimentary and the Hondalink adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by RC1 GUY View Post
    Wingfairon, didn't Honda gave you the 3 years subscription? Because Honda gave me it as complimentary and the Hondalink adapter.
    No, unfortunately I didn't get the 3 years subscription. Now am looking at installing an aftermarket navigation. =(