[Cl9] All of the noob...

Hi Euro Guru's,

As per my intro thread I'm looking at joining your ranks with a Cl9 lux for the Mrs DD that I can blat thru the hills on weekends...

Either that or an E46 325i. Thing is the Cl9 has always made me a bit moist and seems better built/more reliable than a slightly earlier Bimmer.

Basic servicing I am happy to do myself at home and have access to a hoist if need be and a good mechanic for things that are too tight for my fat western fingers!

If you have read this far I thank you and now would.like to solicit some opinions - please.

1) We both love Milano Red but don't want Milano Pink...
    If the paint is still too top can regular maintenance keep even MR in good shape?
    The Glw does park in full sun 5 days a week.
    (luckily we both like Arctic Blue, Alabaster silver, black and championship white - and would even settle for graphite)

2) As a girly DD (it pains me to admit it!) mods will have to be minimal. I've already been told no big rims, coilovers, bling or 'ricer' mods (Mugen kits are out). So for a respectable middle management type am I on the right track thinking that a decent rsb is the first port of call.
    Followed by an AUDM refresh for best BFYB?

3) would a CT Icebox followed by a hiflow cat and maybe header work complete the tasteful breathing mods?

4) any recommendations for minor lowering, keeping the luxo feel but improving handling and looking a little tougher?

Please bear in mind that coming from an LS powered Ute I'm not trying to emulate that kind of acceleration nor am I building a track day sesh. Just after something more refined and still able to put a smile on my dial on the twistys of a weekend.

If you're still with me in thank you for your time

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Hey someone asking questions to get into the honda world
    You can get bigger rims from later euros 16/17/18" if you want to go that route and your mrs wouldn't know

Why not go a nice spring/shock combo and a strut bar for handling? Eibach springs on Koni shocks
    Are you getting a manual or auto?
    If you do get an auto mak sure the slushbox (auto) gets serviced regularly

If the car is parked outside most of the time in the sun. Forget milano red/pink
    Intake mod sounds good
    Though the exhaust system on the euro is not as restrictive as you'd think
    As your coming from an LS ute prepare for understeer. But wider tyres and a nice suspension set up will alleviate that
    Also you can throw it around corners better than a ute. For a saloon the euro handles extremely well
    just keep the revs up and enjoy yourself
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Cheers for the reply Jasemas.
    Sorry I should have stated from the outset we're definitely only interested in a M6... Even the misso hates slush boxes

So you think a strut bar is more important than rear sway bar for handling? Or are you suggesting both?

As far as rims I actually really like the sort of split 5 spoke 17s that came out on the sports and I think maybe the 05 luxes ?

I actually wanted to ask opinions on what rubber to run...

Thanks again for responding.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    No worries
    The euro comes with a rear strut bar from factory already
    although you can get a thicker one. But you need to upgrade the mounting hardware.
    You can pretty much use any euro wheel you'd like.
    Regarding tyres I have no idea lol there are a few guys in the euro forum and hopefully they'll see this thread
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hi Welcome,

Gratz on the Honda Purchase.

The usual I/H/E mods are pretty pricey if your after branded parts and you will see minimal gains, Wont make the most of these mods unless you gonna tune which means aftermarket ECU.

The Type R Gearbox will fit the car too, will provide much more improved performace comes wit LSD, dont forget to swap the 6th from Euro unless milage will drop heaps.

As for the Tyres, I think Euros came wit RE001s from Factory. Since RE001s are discounted, pretty sure you can find RE002s these days. These are somewat bang for buck if you find em cheap.

Dont forget its a K series, There is heaps you can do since the engines family has been used in many other cars, example swap the head from Type R

RSB will add oversteer in a FWD car. I suggest if your upgrading one, try and budget for other in the near future.

Rule of Thumb FWD - If the rear goes of the track 1st its a desgin flaw, If the front goes off 1st its the drivers fault.
    Last edited by amant02; 04-01-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by CL9er View Post
    2) As a girly DD (it pains me to admit it!) mods will have to be minimal. I've already been told no big rims, coilovers, bling or 'ricer' mods (Mugen kits are out).
    So for a respectable middle management type am I on the right track thinking that a decent rsb is the first port of call.
    Coilovers are fine (they can be stiff or comfortable, really depends on what spring rate you get), it will ride ok still, with my setup there were no under steer:

Front strut bars (top + Buttom) + Coilovers (10kg front 5kg rear spring rates) + 22mm rear sway bar = NO understeer, none.

As to rims, 17 or 18's are okay, depends on what style you are after, just try to go at least 225 wide tyres

Followed by an AUDM refresh for best BFYB?
    I do them, they transforms the behavior of the ride

3) would a CT Icebox followed by a hiflow cat and maybe header work complete the tasteful breathing mods?
    Yes and discrete, no cop will pick up an icebox, Header and high flow cat really helps

4) any recommendations for minor lowering, keeping the luxo feel but improving handling and looking a little tougher?
    Once you've stuffed around with springs and shocks you'd find you've spend coilover money anyway, now if you want comfort just get some cheap Tein coilovers, they have pretty low spring rate so it's very comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    As for the Tyres, I think Euros came wit RE001s from Factory. Since RE001s are discounted, pretty sure you can find RE002s these days. These are somewat bang for buck if you find em cheap.
    Euros had Dunlop SP Sport OEM back in the day
    Last edited by Fredoops; 04-01-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars