Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    We will stop importing this swindon made Civic Hatch for 2017 as it is time for a new chassis (not facelift), the "new" will be a thai made model the 4 door and 5 door will share more of the same platform then.
    I dont think the Type R will be on the sedan version but it might, best guess is it will be on the 2017 Hatch (5 door). I was told this by the Honda State Manager for WA, while i was working as a honda salesperson last month.

However it is a while away - plans might change. But i know for sure that when Drive made the article saying it was coming in 2015 that it was just a good looking article, Honda was not backing it up. there is another update for the current shape Civic Hatch it will be in 2016 and it is expected to have the new screen found on the current jazz/city and my16 (2015) CRV.
    The word from someone at honda australia is not a valid source as most if not all of honda australia are clueless.
    Why would the hatch which has been made in swindon since the 7th gen.
    Be made in thai just for the australian market?

If the thai plant were to be providing the hatch it would have been on some auto news website.

The swindon plant has a spare production line that is not being used and starting with the 10thgen(or 9th gen depending on how you look at it) it will be sold in the US which means they will start pumping these cars out faster than ever if they use the other production line.

So I don't think the thai plant will be providing any hatches.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Lol, says the guy that was dropped on purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    only dropped at birth !! phuk i reckon thats the understatement of the the year cbauto.

i got my info from the brother inlaw who works in London and on my request has been regularly chatting to local Honda dealers, the biggest risk to Australia was the drop in the Aus $$ versus the pound. Im keen on 1 but only if gets here soon otherwise Ill get another jeep this year and wait a few years and do a build when they finally do 2dr Civic.
    I'll fukin drop the both of ya careful kunts make u SKIP
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    just cave there heads in brah, fukin holding us blacks down
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Renzo Id imagine you jump at your own shadow !! No doubt ur probably just a confused teletubby still not certain of ur sexual orientation, can u even fap lol !!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Porch monkeys holdin themselves bak !!

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Stevil, hold ur head high. I'm on ur side.

if you can't hold ur head high, just sniff petty.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Renzo Id imagine you jump at your own shadow !! No doubt ur probably just a confused teletubby still not certain of ur sexual orientation, can u even fap lol !!
    yh kunt i bet i could make u have good night sleep after right hook to the head u mut FUKIN GUBBA CANT HOLD ME DOWN KUNT

Porch monkeys holdin themselves bak !!
    THIS IS MY LAND KUNT FUK OFF

Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Stevil, hold ur head high. I'm on ur side.

if you can't hold ur head high, just sniff petty.
    fukin half cast KUNT u r fukin gubba
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Stevil, im giving you information i recieved from the WA state manager, as its a new model i dont know why you would doubt the info. but sure the guys in london say yes then thats conflicting but they dont choose to bring the cars in.

I can check with some of the guys i was working with, as some of them are big honda nuts and waiting for the Type R as well. some have even taken deposits down for the type R, but there is no confirmed release date for the car or confirmed pricing.
    before i was a salesperson i was a enthusiast so its not like i know nothing about them.

Also more information from the state manager, i think this is confusing people, the 2017 civics will both be made in thailand. thailand will not be remaking the swindon civic hatches, the UK made hatches are going to be discontinued and unlikely to be sold here as that model is now too old. there is no reason it has to be in a auto news site, those guys can make up anything they want and they probably dont give enough shits to make up a story about the civic hatches new successor being thai made.

the european market may continue to recieve the swindon civics or a newer model made in the uk, but we apparantly are not. why does this seem so hard to comprehend?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    Hello Stevil, my name is Donny Ranchunduran, I am the WA State Sales Manager for Honda. I have spoken to BabyFace yesterday due to concerns with your lack of information.

I would like to advise that information that Baby Face is providing is 100% correct, however we may look into facing delays as more orders are put down for the car.

If you would like to PM me, I will be happy to provide you with whatever documentation I am allowed to distribute. Any questions are also welcome.

Donny.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey thank for jumping on board Donny, if you reread what babyface posted it makes no sense ??

Firstly he states no getting til 2017, then we are getting it changed over ?? I suspect that til the the bloody things have actually landed their is no guarantees. It wpuld make no sense to bring 1 type R model for around 18mths then change to a new platform. Id personally like a new platform over the swindon built car.

And again thanks for making things a little clearer I guess, have they indicated how many cars we may end up getting this year ? cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    Hey thank for jumping on board Donny, if you reread what babyface posted it makes no sense ??

Firstly he states no getting til 2017, then we are getting it changed over ?? I suspect that til the the bloody things have actually landed their is no guarantees. It wpuld make no sense to bring 1 type R model for around 18mths then change to a new platform. Id personally like a new platform over the swindon built car.

And again thanks for making things a little clearer I guess, have they indicated how many cars we may end up getting this year ? cheers
    Hello Stevil,

I know for sure we are getting it by 2017, regarding how many I cannot comment as that is another 2 years away.

Again, let me know if you have any questions, I am open to PM's from both yourself and anyone else that wants to know more about the release.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250

thats why honda doesnt want to bring the type R over here since the chassis will be out of date so soon.
    and state managers name is actually Irana S...