Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    This is getting very confusing I've been speaking with Stuart P based in UK about the current new R and now the info here is getting complicated.

I did say honda AU don't know what they are on about.

They are saying the current chassis is out of date?

What about the L15A engine in the jazz, that is out of date yet we got it instead of the L15B which everyone else got, we also got the 5 speed manual instead of the 6 speed.
    If Honda themselves want to use the FK chassis(8th gen and 9th gen) for the type R.
    Honda Australia has no say in it.

The guy would have been talking about the civic sedan chassis being old, but the type R will be built in the swindon plant as I think they are also making the engines for the Type R their as well.
    Doesn't make sense logistically to make the type R engines in swindon, ship them to taiwan to make the type R their for a few markets.

Honda have put about £200 million into the swindon plant so why would they do that if they wanted to some markets to have a type R hatch made in another plant altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    They are saying the current chassis is out of date?
    So they won't sell it? Seems odd.

It is, indeed, based on the previous FK/FN2 chassis but heavily reworked and spruced up. The cheif engineer apparently took inspiration from a tuned turbocharged FN2 he drove in Japan. So the chassis is based on the Fn2 and the motor is of course, indeed, a factory turbo K20, albeit a new derivative with the head on the opposite way around.

Anyhow Honda has held the press launch and the reviews are pretty positive.

Cracking video of BTCC-driver Gordon Sheddon having a "battle" with Matt Neal here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOz-hpGMWIg - a lot of fun

Direct comparison to Seat Leon Cupra and Renault Megane RS here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGCZiFyqVw

Both the Seat and Renault run Micheln pilot sport cup 2 while the Honda runs a bespoke tyre from Conti - these are all track day type tyres.
    Last edited by JordanMugen; 16-06-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    We will stop importing this swindon made Civic Hatch for 2017 as it is time for a new chassis (not facelift), the "new" will be a thai made model the 4 door and 5 door will share more of the same platform then.
    I dont think the Type R will be on the sedan version but it might, best guess is it will be on the 2017 Hatch (5 door). I was told this by the Honda State Manager for WA, while i was working as a honda salesperson last month.

However it is a while away - plans might change. But i know for sure that when Drive made the article saying it was coming in 2015 that it was just a good looking article, Honda was not backing it up. there is another update for the current shape Civic Hatch it will be in 2016 and it is expected to have the new screen found on the current jazz/city and my16 (2015) CRV.
    So far my prediction has rung true, the current Civic Hatch has received its facelift as per my information however it became late 2015 not 2016. it has been updated to the new entertainment system and some other things; AHAS DRL's etc.
    I think the information i received about the Type R not coming will also be correct. all though i would like to be mistaken.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    lol babyface ur still half wrong and partly right !!!

Babyface you said and as I quote "Thailand will be making both civics and wont be sold as it is too old and is out of date.

I would suggest you dont listen to honda australia as they dont know what their doing more than half the time

Stevil, im giving you information i recieved from the WA state manager, as its a new model i dont know why you would doubt the info. but sure the guys in london say yes then thats conflicting but they dont choose to bring the cars in.

I can check with some of the guys i was working with, as some of them are big honda nuts and waiting for the Type R as well. some have even taken deposits down for the type R, but there is no confirmed release date for the car or confirmed pricing.
    before i was a salesperson i was a enthusiast so its not like i know nothing about them.

Also more information from the state manager, i think this is confusing people, the 2017 civics will both be made in thailand. thailand will not be remaking the swindon civic hatches, the UK made hatches are going to be discontinued and unlikely to be sold here as that model is now too old. there is no reason it has to be in a auto news site, those guys can make up anything they want and they probably dont give enough shits to make up a story about the civic hatches new successor being thai made.

the european market may continue to recieve the swindon civics or a newer model made in the uk, but we apparantly are not. why does this seem so hard to comprehend?

thats why honda doesnt want to bring the type R over here since the chassis will be out of date so soon.
    and state managers name is actually Irana S...

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    I would suggest people dont listen to you as you dont know what you're talking about
    fixed that for you

The Type R is now for sale in the UK markets.
    http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civi.../overview.html

228Kw(305hp) and 400Nm(295lb.ft) of torque.
    That is just down right insane, Cant imagine the torque steer you will get.

These are the UK trims, I have a feeling our type R will be a stripped down version of the UK Type R Base model.
    http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civi...5/compare.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Stevil are you causing trouble again
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Stevil are you causing trouble again
    buy one for me
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    U bored Renzo !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    U bored Renzo !!
    A little
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut