Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 1999 EK1

Exhaust system questions

Hello,

I'm looking at replacing my stock exhaust system on my Civic EK1 1999 but first I'm just doing some research on whether to get the whole thing including headers, just a bolt-on catback (so I can install it my self), or just the muffler. I'm looking at performance over sound.

I've read on here that installing the headers and a 'bolt-on' system is a manageable DIY job, but does that only refer to a bolt-on system or can I install any catback exhaust myself? Also with a catback would the stock muffler be able to bolt on to the pipe? (for an easy switch when defected)

I'm looking at three brands: Apexi, Xforce and OBX.

Just wanted to get your guys opinions, recommendations and also places to get a full exhaust system including headers installed in Sydney.

Thanks
    Last edited by EuphoricSky; 11-01-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK BRITTANY
    installing a full system including headers on a SOHC non vtec engine you wont feel as much of a difference in performance, you might gain a few kw but nothing noticeable enough to make you sink into your seat, the sound part is probably the thing that will change, and it will sound sooo much better. should get a intake as well. there are plenty of places around Sydney, see whats closest to you man.

as for the brands, you mainly paying for the name of the company on the pipe, no different from any other metal pipe (from what ive read here)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by EuphoricSky View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking at replacing my stock exhaust system on my Civic EK1 1999 but first I'm just doing some research on whether to get the whole thing including headers, just a bolt-on catback (so I can install it my self), or just the muffler. I'm looking at performance over sound.

I've read on here that installing the headers and a 'bolt-on' system is a manageable DIY job, but does that only refer to a bolt-on system or can I install any catback exhaust myself? Also with a catback would the stock muffler be able to bolt on to the pipe? (for an easy switch when defected)

I'm looking at three brands: Apexi, Xforce and OBX.

Just wanted to get your guys opinions, recommendations and also places to get a full exhaust system including headers installed in Sydney.

Thanks
    Can do you a Spoon System cat-back or axle back.. PM me for price

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Do headers,hi flow cat and cold air intake,will make it feel more peppy

dont really need to do catback on a stock d series

Most likely see more top end results.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 1999 EK1
    Alright cools

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 1999 EK1
    PMing you

Member Array
    Car:
    EK BRITTANY
    any updates?

and if so, what?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 1999 EK1
    Yeah, decided to just get an OBX Twin loop 2.5 Muffler.