Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro2010

Honda Accord Euro 2010 TIMING CHAIN

Hi,

Recently John Blair Honda informed me that my timing chain requires replacement and are looking to charge me $2,300 to get it done.

Anyone ever replaced their timing chain?

Would it be cheaper if I bought it and had a mechanic replace it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RRich.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    I had the wide-body version...pretty much the same engine. The timing chain does not normally need replacement unless some sensor is giving indications it is stretched beyond limits. That said......I was looking at a timing chain change with my car as the VTC actuator was causing noise on cold starts. This can cause chain stretch, but they also replace the actuator and VTC solenoid along with the chain as well. All this should be around the $2.5K from Honda. So I question why they want to replace the chain!

Also...doesn't your vehicle have a 100,000klm drive train warranty!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    how many km

Did they explain why?

It's a huge job
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Oh wow
    unless you didn't keep with regular servicing
    your chain shouldn't need to be replaced until well over 300,000kmss +
    I'd ask for a more in depth explanation as to why it needs to be done
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Unfortunately its a 2010 - as from 2011 you are covered by statutory warranty (I.e if something that shouldn't break - does - you are covered even if it is out of warranty. Information is here: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...mer-guarantees but you can see for goods before 2011 the same rights do not exist. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...ht-before-2011

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    1. Accord euro dedicated sub forum here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...86-Accord-Euro

2. a new Chain from the US is only like $150, but you'll probably want a new timing chain tensioner as well, thats abother 50-80.

3. it's a big-ish job, but a dedicated honda shop can do it much cheaper. (im thinking half or less) than the dealer.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars