Checking my Jazz brakepad

I'm not so sure how to check my brake pads of my Jazz. Took these photos while rotating my wheels back-front. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Heaps of meat left
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    there is a metal wear indicator for the pads to let you know when theyre almost gone

and the disc thickness are measured and need to be within the safe mm,you can check your handbook for that

and if you can feel a heavy ridge or lip on the disc then it needs to be machined or replaced if below safe thickness

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Easily 5,000-10,000kms on them
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    there is a metal wear indicator for the pads to let you know when theyre almost gone

and the disc thickness are measured and need to be within the safe mm,you can check your handbook for that

and if you can feel a heavy ridge or lip on the disc then it needs to be machined or replaced if below safe thickness
    I don't understand how the wear indicator can tell me the pad's lifespan? Where is the indicator on my picture?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    It doesnt tell how much life it has left. It makes an annoying squeal meaning the pad needs to be replaced.

Its pretty easy to estimate lifespan just by looking at the thickness of a new brake pad and comparing it your current.

Some pads have a cut on them as a visual indicator.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    once the pads wears down to the level of indicator tab,the tab rubs on the disc and squeals when you brake

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    If those were my pads I would get another 30,000 kms out of them. They're not even 50% worn yet. My first pad change was at 61,000 kms.

The red line in the above photo shows the thickness of the remaining pad.

Cheers
    Artie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz brake pad.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	27733