6.5" Alpine Type S Speakers

Hey there guys, I've just ordered myself a pair of 6.5" Alpine Type S's & was just wondering if anyone's had any problems installing 6.5" speakers in their EK Hatches? (Doors)

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Should fit fine. Cut a good hole for the tweeters
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    all comes down to mounting depth of the magnet... let us know how u go with that particular speaker

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    if it helps i bought the kicker CS series http://media-int.takealot.com/covers...6a932ca29a.jpg and the i had to make 2 new holes because only 2 would line up for some reason. Other than that it should fit perfectly!
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    They'll fit fine. I have 6.5's in mine. Rockford t2's. If they fit, the type s's should fit magnet wise. But, to be safe, wind your window down, slap the speaker in the hole, and see what it does. Granted, it will more than likely have the plastic guard at the back of the door card, which limits depth. Can either cut that out (it might just be a cxi thing) or space the speakers. But, spacing the speakers means you can't fit the grill over without modification to that, if at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    type S fit fine in dc2
    SSpamily

Cheers guys! Installed them a few weeks ago. Just had to cut the plastic backing at the back & a few other bits and pieces of plastic. Fitted perfectly!