Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA

At what kilometers should we trade in/up?

Currently have an 04 Integra, am extremely fond of it since the mods up until now have been done by me and the stereo was pretty good as is. Long story short I want to chuck in some new speakers, have them fix any rattling etc the car makes at the lower bass tones (sound deadening?) and maybe some new wheels.

Car has about 140k KM's on it, at what KM mark should you stop wasting $$ and trade in or trade up? Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Run it until the wheels literally fall off
    Invest $500 to keep shitbox going for another 2-5 years
    Or
    Spend $10,000 on a 'new' car. End up spending another $1500 to do repair

Whatever suits your budget really
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarbait View Post
    Currently have an 04 Integra, am extremely fond of it since the mods up until now have been done by me and the stereo was pretty good as is. Long story short I want to chuck in some new speakers, have them fix any rattling etc the car makes at the lower bass tones (sound deadening?) and maybe some new wheels.

Car has about 140k KM's on it, at what KM mark should you stop wasting $$ and trade in or trade up? Thanks!
    when you feel that the cost of changing car outweighs the cost of ownership + whatever sentimental value you have
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Cheers guys I get ya, so 140,000KM way too low to consider changing up right? Atleast thats what comes to mind now - I've had my Integra for my P's and now I'm unrestricted I'm tempted to upgrade but don't really want to let the DC5 go.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    working at a dealership a lot of people change up for different reasons, one gentleman i met changed in on his 05 Focus that was immaculate because he needed a Auto his car had only done 60k kms.
    Other ppl change up every 4 years or 5 years at around 80-100k kms because capped price servicing runs out and they feel its time to get into a newer model with newer features that is in better condition i saw 2 euros that meet this criteria yesterday

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Hmmm need a euro plz!
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarbait View Post
    Cheers guys I get ya, so 140,000KM way too low to consider changing up right? Atleast thats what comes to mind now - I've had my Integra for my P's and now I'm unrestricted I'm tempted to upgrade but don't really want to let the DC5 go.
    "too much mileage" is your decision to make

if you want something more and can justify the cost of changing then do it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

140000 is barely run in. If properly maintained (fluids and lube mainly) it will last triple that distance.

I generally replace cars every 3 years because I buy them through the business, but even then they are a fairly big waste of money. I like having the whole warranty, capped price service etc, and like having a new car every couple of years. If I couldn't write them off against my business, I would happily drive older, cheaper cars around.

The novelty of a brand new car wears off very quickly, by which time you're already several grand down.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Yeah I've really wanted to upgrade off/on but I'll always be walking to my car and admire it so don't think I'm ready to let go yet :P

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I own a built 02 Teggy, 220,000KM on her. I bought her in the 170,xxx KMS last year.

I have spend approx 5k+ on her already. Not a single regret.

I still beat the living fk outa her everyday, yet she still starts every time

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    I own a built 02 Teggy, 220,000KM on her. I bought her in the 170,xxx KMS last year.

I have spend approx 5k+ on her already. Not a single regret.

what makes it built
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    r u still talking about your car?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC