Opinions on my cheap cl9 lowering plan?

Oh look another cl9 lowering thread

So I've had my 2005 euro lux for a few months now and I am in the mood for making it look more personalised. I have done a crap load of reading around the joint about lowering these things and I'm fairly sure I have my head around what not to do.

Of course I would like coilovers but since my budget is as low as I can get it to be and I'm not actually fussed on handling I just want the looks as I'm never going to track the car. I like the idea of king springs right now, cheap and about a 60mm drop. Other springs seem to offer about 40mm which I dont think will be enough. So I figure I'll buy the springs and leave them off for a bit while i save up for some shocks aswell. On the eBay page for the king springs they suggest monroe GT shocks so I looked them up and they're about $500ish for all four which in my eyes is gold. So im looking at $800 in total.

So that's one plan or the other plan is save up a tad more and get h.drive coils for about a grand give or take.

Anyone have any experience with either of the springs or shocks above or maybe the combination of the two? Any thoughts would be nice but don't suggest more expensive shocks. If i were to be spending more than the $800 then i would just get the coils but I find it hard to spend $1000 on lowering my car...

Cheers anywho

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Cut Springs
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Pogo sticks
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ive been using H.drive coils for over a year now, i've had no issues with them at all.

Otherwise if you are cheap you can always look at 2nd hand coils or something.

EDIT: this guys' selling lowered springs with shocks for 200
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...pension-wheels
    Last edited by Fredoops; 23-01-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post

EDIT: this guys' selling lowered springs with shocks for 200
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...pension-wheels
    Yeah I saw that yesterday, if you check the last page of replies you'll notice that they were recently sold :/ Bit of a bummer. Maybe I'll just keep an eye out for some second hand ones

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I'm using Tein H Tech springs. What I found with Tein springs is they lower the rear more than the front, which was desirable for me as I found that at stock, the gap at the rear and the gap at the front (between the wheel arch and the top of the tire that is), was different, so the Tein springs would actually bring them to equal gaps. I stuck with the stock shocks, as my drop was minimal (28.5/19mm f/r) and 40k km later, they still work fine. Springs (then, with the better USD/AUD) set me back ~$350, I installed it myself, but mechs usually charge around the $150 mark to fit. Tein also have the S Tech springs, which drop more (43.5/34 f/r) going for the same price.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 26-01-2015 at 07:58 AM.