Thread: 2010/1022

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

2010/1022

Hi Guys
    Considering upgrading my 2005 Luxury to a 2010 or 2011 Luxury.
    Any specific problems I should look for on the later model?
    I know from experience the 2005 had probs with the transmission requiring oil and filter changes and the drive shafts vibrating but overall it has been a great car, just time to trade up now.
    Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Same servicing as the old cl9
    They did not have no where near as much trouble as the v6's of that vintage
    Except the prefacelift cu2 had a pinging problem and some consume almost 1litre of oil - 1000kms
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '10
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    Hi Guys
    Considering upgrading my 2005 Luxury to a 2010 or 2011 Luxury.
    Any specific problems I should look for on the later model?
    I know from experience the 2005 had probs with the transmission requiring oil and filter changes and the drive shafts vibrating but overall it has been a great car, just time to trade up now.
    Thanks in advance
    I just did the same. Traded my standard 2005 model for a 2010 luxury navi.
    No regrets as it feels like a different car with the plush leather and all the gadgets. Familiar engine though.
    My 2005 kept having passenger side door lock actuator problems so it intermittently wouldn't lock/unlock. Otherwise it was a great car. Though I think I'll have a lot more joy with the luxury navi!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    had mine for 3 weeks so far, and so good.. Had an 04 model Luxury and apart from the headunit issues I had it was fine..

The 2010 Luxury I have now, feels almost the same to drive, but a little bigger and has a nicer stance on the road.

Still the same gutless 2.4L though, but meh.. I'll live.
    Back to another Accord Euro, Love hate relationship with these cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Some CU2's were either not run in properly or Honda fked up on the piston rings (morelikely to be the 2nd). They chew oil like no tomorrow and only way to fix it is an mini engine rebuild....

The pinging might be related to that as well... who knows.

PS: you service the transmission fluid the same as the CL9, do it good, do it often.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I know a few people who had CL9s and loved them,updated to CU2s,and love them even more...
    Last edited by antony; 15-03-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: mistake

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    I bought my 2011 accord Euro 4 months ago. & what a car It is a pleasure to drive & has a Auto to die for No trouble with mine Plenty of power to pass slow cars. I use 5 X 40 Penriite Synth oil & doesn't use a drop in 10,000 Kys I now use Penrite 0 W 30 synth & will see how that goes. done 30,000 when I bought it & Flushed the auto box out 4 times at once. I think that should be done every 30,000 Kys.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Only reason why i don't use Penrite 0w30 as it doesnt pass API SN spec, It only passes SL from memory due to, too much zinc

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/product...id_products=11
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    I know a few people who had CU2s and loved them,updated to CU2s,and love them even more...
    Think you mean CL9, I actually downgraded from a CU2 to a CL9, personally prefer the CL9 but arguable this one is manual compared to my auto CU2 so felt like it had a bit more go and better driving experience.

CU2 was hands down most comfortable and since it was under warranty I wasn't driving around hoping nothing would break. Overall I'd say CU2 was a better car, but CL9 is a better driving experience as the 250kg weight difference on the CU2 really does slow it down.