Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

Check Engine Light after Installing J's Style Intake

After installing the check engine light came on. Car still runs fine, but I think it may have something to do with these two hoses that were originally stuck on the stock air box hose.

For this hose ^ I've since created an opening in the silicon to fit the hose in, but still no change to the light

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    plug hoses back and then reset the ECU

also scan the code, that might give you more of a hint
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    plug hoses back and then reset the ECU

also scan the code, that might give you more of a hint
    How do I go about doing that? I've plugged the hoses in and created a hole in the silicon for the hose closest to the block to fit in. Still nothing

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    reset ecu - unplug battery for 10 seconds

also if you read the DIY that renzu posted

ohhh and for the ap1 there is a box that two vacuum hoses connect to that check the air pump to make sure it works. i used to long zip ties and zipped it to the frame tight!
    if you have anymore detailed questions feel free to pm
    this is why i suggested checking what the CEL is so you can narrow things down a bit
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    reset ecu - unplug battery for 10 seconds

also if you read the DIY that renzu posted

this is why i suggested checking what the CEL is so you can narrow things down a bit
    I don't know what box they're referring to though

If you're planning to mess with your car quite a bit (especially the intake on the S2000 - they're quite sensitive!), get yourself one of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBD2-Engi...item3f47f44515
    you'll be able to find out what the error light means without potentially risking grenading your engine.

Usually a good rule is that if you unplug something, you should plug it back in too...

I'll note that in my experience with intake modifications, the single biggest effect is that it sounds awesome, closely followed by some pretty serious heat soak and resulting bottom end power drop over approx. 35deg ambient. Still though, sounds cool.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AlS2k View Post
    If you're planning to mess with your car quite a bit (especially the intake on the S2000 - they're quite sensitive!), get yourself one of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBD2-Engi...item3f47f44515
    you'll be able to find out what the error light means without potentially risking grenading your engine.

Usually a good rule is that if you unplug something, you should plug it back in too...

I'll note that in my experience with intake modifications, the single biggest effect is that it sounds awesome, closely followed by some pretty serious heat soak and resulting bottom end power drop over approx. 35deg ambient. Still though, sounds cool.
    AP1 doesn't have the standardised OBDII port
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Check engine.is usually emission control. If it's on your cars not.meeting emission requirements. Usually! You shouldn't just punch a hole.in the silicone and push a hose in. U will get vaccume leaks.
    The hose that goes from the rocker cover to the intake can go to intake or catch can. Either 1. Make sure air pump delete hose to intake has none leaks. Must be on With a hose clamp. Take better photos standing a tad further back and post up so we can see better.
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

You need to remove those hardlines and replace with the rubber/silicone lines provided with the intake.
    (I have a js racing intake) it shows you in the instructions what to do