Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cd5 accord

screwless distributor rotor wont come off

Hello guys, the rotor in my dizzy aswell as the replacement doesn't have the screw to hold it in place to the dizzy shaft. i tried pulling it off but wont slide off. how do i get it to slide off? its stuck snug in there any tricks at all? cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    more muscle.

or see if there is a clip.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Can take the head off the block then inspect it closer
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Lever it with a pry bar

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    A quick sharp tap with something hard (possibly a few times) will often crack it loose
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cd5 accord
    very late response, but i was able to crack it loose with combination of everyone's suggestion thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Good to hear, usually I take the engine out for oil change only, much easier lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Makes sense. I hate oil dripping down my arm
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Sometimes I go to the mechanics to put the car on the hoist to let it warm up, because being at a higher altitude allows better coolant flow

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Yeah I'm with Renzo on this one re always take motor out for oil change, at least you know you're doing it right when its on a work bench rather then in car just guessing and potentially ruining the motor.

Too much 'she'll be right mate' attitude in today's society.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    End of the day you spend more money, but that money you spend doing it the hard way (motor in vehicle) is money you could be spending doing it the easy way with better components.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Sometimes I go to the mechanics to put the car on the hoist to let it warm up, because being at a higher altitude allows better coolant flow
    Might I suggest you drive to your nearest mountain range. That way, your coolant will flow better than any hoist could allow.
    SSpamily