Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1993 eg civic (first car) questions

So I bought my 1993 civic eg few months ago as my first car and the car drives beautifully (manual of course) Im only new to modifying cars and only done some interior, audio and paint job work but want to do more to the car what's some things people would recommend like to give the car more KW/HP? I plan to keep it for rest of year but if I have it next year I want to do a vtec engine swap since Its only got 4 cylinder 16 valve non turbo or vtec?
    P.S. new to forums excuse if I posted it in wrong place if its wrong ill put it in right category or forum and excuse wrong terminology for cars im only new to modifying cars (1 year or less)

Thanks for everything (positive criticism is okay)
    Photo wont post ill try post in comments

Welcome!

Your plan to engine swap is IMHO the easiest way to get more power. I chose a B18c2 from an integra for my eg swap. The other way would be to turbocharge it. If you know the type of eg you have, eg Breeze, GL or VTi, that will give us a better idea of what the actual engine is, to give you more specific advice.

Pat

Okay wont let me post a photo but I did some research and im pretty sure its either a 1.5L Honda civic 1993 GLi or DX

Yeah. Not much you can do with that engine without spending a lot of money on turbos a stuff like that. Go the engine swap. Every man and his dog has done it so there's oodles of info everywhere on how to do it

Edit: Your engine code is D15B7

Awesome thanks for info! Yeah if you want to know I changed my profile pic to my car that's the best i could do its not letting me post a photo on my phone

moved to the noob section

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    he did
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    did the thing
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    thing did what
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster