Wheel alignment question

So I plan on getting a new spring/shock combo for my cl9. I'm sure I'm capable of installing it myself and i want to give it a crack because why not? Just wondering if after I have installed the new shocks that is it safe to drive it before i get a wheel alignment? I would only be driving to the shop to get a wheel alignment which is barely 1km down the road.

Cheers in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    install them, let the springs settle for 2 weeks and then get the alignment done
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    install them, let the springs settle for 2 weeks and then get the alignment done

No offence but that is pretty bad advice.

You should get you car aligned immediately. The CL9 will not meet alignment specifications with out camber kits either.

Tyres will get chewed out quickly if not aligned, not to mention poor drivability if camber kits where installed as well. Car can crab down the road, braking distance will be degraded ect.

Yeah the rear camber kit is next on my list. As for the alignment the springs and shocks are second hand so they should already be settled. I assume the right idea is that it's safe enough for me to drive to the alignment shop?

Quote Originally Posted by kerfuffel View Post
    Yeah the rear camber kit is next on my list. As for the alignment the springs and shocks are second hand so they should already be settled. I assume the right idea is that it's safe enough for me to drive to the alignment shop?
    Yes it's safe to drive to the alignment shop lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DRMZON View Post
    Yes it's safe to drive to the alignment shop lol.
    Hahah thanks mate that's all I was after

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    none taken, i just thought it was a general rule of thumb
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    When I changed my Coilovers to stock in my prelude, it's been 2 years since then no alignment, still heaps of tread on tires lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    When I changed my Coilovers to stock in my prelude, it's been 2 years since then no alignment, still heaps of tread on tires lol
    Universal alignment

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's

Cant judge Prelude with CL9

different suspensions react differently to different ride heights

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMZON View Post
    Universal alignment
    Automatic alignment
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    Cant judge Prelude with CL9

different suspensions react differently to different ride heights
    I was just unsure if you were referring to getting an alignment asap due to the type of car/suspension or not...
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Automatic alignment
    Frozen nuts alignment
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!