Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My first CRX

My first CRX

.. Rt ddjsjsjz
    Last edited by UiK; 20-02-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Seriously? Is the average age for this forum 12 years old? Cause I thought I'd be conversating with mature Honda fans who are actually old enough to drive, not high school shits who are just going through puberty and have no friends so they come here and troll to get some attention
    ignore him

it all comes down to what your budget is like and what you want. the ef8 is a light chassis, so you don't necessarily need the most 'powerful' motor so to speak
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe

hnggggggg
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    and to your query,any bseries with turbo kit would be fine

looking at between 150-200 kw atw depending on turbo used

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    don't need turbo for such a light chassis

k20a!
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Even a B18C7 would rip in this chassis because it's so light and it's almost a straight drop in.

run a OBD0-1 conversion harness, rewire vtec solenoid wire and use the B18C dizzy with a dizzy conversion harness.

If you choose to run the B18C7 box you'll need to run a hydraulic to cable salve cylinder converter, hasport makes these.
    OEM parts whore

Bau got banned for that highly insensitive comment

Anyway great build best of luck OP

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Hi guys,

My name is Karl and I'm 32 year old Melbournian. When I finished year 12 back in 2000, I was only 17 but instead of partying all summer, I went to work so I can save up to buy an EF8 CRX. The dream was to VTEC it and be happy. Unfortunately 4 weeks into my job I was diagnosed with leukemia and underwent 2 1/2 years of chemo. Took me a while to recover but when I finally did, my cancer came back and I had a bone marrow transplant. Til today I'm still recovering from. Health is getting worse but my dream for that CRX is still well alive. I've had this dream for so long and am so passionate about it, that after 15 years it's still my dream car. I currently drive a 2010 Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6 (which I'm keeping) so this will be my project car. I'm going to see one this weekend which I will most likely buy.

A few questions please if you can help. Over the years, VTEC has evolved and so have engine builds. I would like your opinion on the best swap for my CRX

1) B18C2 Stock internals turbocharged
    2) B18C2 forged internals, Skunk2 cams, rods, camshafts, intake manifold plus graders
    3) B18C5/7
    4) B20/B18c Franko

This build is 15 years in the making guys. Please help this poor mans dream come true!
    fuark welcome m8

i rkn stock b18c7 would be best package, good all rounder
    lsd, short gear ratios, good compression, good head from factory
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Even a B18C7 would rip in this chassis because it's so light and it's almost a straight drop in.

run a OBD0-1 conversion harness, rewire vtec solenoid wire and use the B18C dizzy with a dizzy conversion harness.

If you choose to run the B18C7 box you'll need to run a hydraulic to cable salve cylinder converter, hasport makes these.
    yea hydraulic box would be biggest issue i rkn
    should be better option though
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    K20 for sure. Do it proper
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Subscribed

What do you want to do with the car? Street car?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    B16 make it brap brap
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut