Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheapest Oil Filters for Accord Euro

Looking for the cheapest oil filters I could get for the euro.

Only need it as I want to flush the engine oil and don't want to waste $20 on a Ryco.

Anyone have recommendations?

You could just pull your filter, drain it and the refit if you are only flushing the oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Just change the filter and stop being a tight ass for $20.

If you've only done 500km with the current oil, then leave the filter that's on there as per the comment above me, I wouldn't even bother changing it considering you won't fork out for a $20 filter.

Oil Filter is cheaper than a K24 last time I checked.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Rycos are like $7 aren't they?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    just wash your current filter in a washing machine and reuse it.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I use dish washer
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Repco or cooper should be cheaper

or maybe burson got generic one

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    burson should have a cheap and nasty wesfil/cooper
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Honda = tight ass crew for life y0

just a thought - you save cash doing it yourself so why not spend a little more on a quality filter ?!

I feel sorry for the next person who buys your car!

Seriously, when you do an engine flush, you put the engine flush fluid and idle the car or just rev it to 1500rpm for 10 minutes then you drain the oil and change the oil filter.

If your ass is that tight, you can use oil design for diesel engine as they have a much higher detergent content and run this for 2000km or so and then do a oil and filter change.

BTW why are you doing an engine flush anyway? unless you have a lot of sludge then you have even more problem!!

Okay... serious don't know what's happened to ozhonda these days.

For the records I am an avid Honda fanatic and self claimed hobbyist mechanic

I've purchased a high km euro for daily duties, the oil is a bit dirtier than I would like as it was last serviced 15,000kms ago, therefore I would prefer to do a flush before putting in the oil I plan to use daily.

For my S2K I drop the oil every 6-7000kms and replace with Penrite 10 tenths + genuine Hamp filter, I am no stinge when it's a concourse car.

My euro is a different story, it's a daily and frankly I just want it to be reliable therefore I am not going to spend good money on a filter I will dump after 50kms nor am I going to put coles engine oil in.

Essentially I plan to drop the oil, change the filter, run it for 50kms or so then dump the oil and put a Ryco filter on and fill with a decent semi synthetic. I don't want to leave the old filter in as I'm pretty sure it's an el cheapo and I don't know how dirty it may be in the first place, I want the most efficient cleaning cycle I can get on the engine.

So let me ask the question again, does anyone have a cheap oil filter recommendation?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I think Curtis is on the money. Ryco are pretty cheap from any auto parts store
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985