Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Interesting. Thank you. Just global manufacture these days, I guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    majority of parts are local made (thailand) actually.

Denso etc who supplies majority of internal parts for Honda have thailand factories, so its very thai..
    Interesting thing though, even with all of the JPY parts in the Euro (which was assembled in japan) the door attenuators which are a major weak point, they were made in vietnam..... realised when I had tro swap one out and bought OEM parts from the dealer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Yes, of course, the reverse can apply.. parts going into Japan. One has the mindset that MIJ means everything MIJ. As you've experienced, maybe not so.

If your bearing goes out when it's out of warranty, go to CBC bearings and pick up some NTN bearings for your car.

The NTN bearings are made in Japan.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Nice tip. Cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Also Koyo bearings
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Thought I'd update, for those kind enough to reply here.
    Still super-happy with it; the drive... everything. But am about to wrap some warranty issues, which may be of interest.
    Let me preface by saying that every experience with AutoSports on Taverners Hill has been very good. Friendly, attentive/helpful service guys who always stay in touch and keep you informed.
    Three issues:
    -aforementioned wheel bearing, Fixed under warranty.
    -some sort of 'mesh', (they were not specific on this), which is apparently located at top of engine pipe, which on this (2013) model exits the manifold in a forward direction, centreline. I detected a rattle with windows down, low speed/bumpy tarmac. They've homed in on this. I thought it was from underneath.. engine vicinity.
    -sound system intermittently would not digest CDs. usually an engine switch off would enable it to take it in, but not always. So, random/intermittent fault. They tried hard-booting it when the wheel bearing was replaced, but this did not take later on, as it reverted to faulty. At no point did I have to get into argy bargy about replacing or getting satisfaction.

Both parts re in stock. New Alpine system going in tomorrow, plus exhaust part is in.

If anything to report later, I shall.

Funnily enough I just received a contracted survey, which I gladly filled in online. Good timing.

Now, if I can win that 20 Grand in the draw, for filling it in...