Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US

One year in: wheel bearing gone

Have 2013 plate Accord (US-style/Thailand), delivery march '14. About 2 weeks ago, road speed-dependent hum (low roar at 80 kph+), passenger side front.
    Currently at dealer; replacement under warranty, picking up tomorrow.
    Curious about this. Though they're pretty helpful/friendly at dealer, I doubt I'll get any tech feedback.
    My questions, if anyone has an idea on it:
    -others experiencing this?
    -can I stop angsting and regard it as 'one of those things', even inn a reliable make like Honda?

I would have thought this would be rare, but I could be wrong. Would be expensive out of warranty as it's some sort of ABS-integrated unit.

It shouldn't happen, but occasionally a bearing will crap itself for no reason. Bearings tend to fail that way - either they go forever (within reason - if they are kept clean, properly lubricated and not overloaded), or they can have infantile failures where they'll fail in a very short time.
    It may have been poorly installed in the factory, insufficient grease etc.

I've had 2 rear wheel bearings replaced under warranty on Subarus (one was a WRX, and the other a Forester XT). Wouldn't worry too much about it at this stage.

Unfortunately, with Hondas being made all over the world these days, I think that the days of legendary Honda reliability are probably behind us.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Pretty much how I was thinking. Thanks for the reply.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I'd hope this will be the only hiccup this accord gives you
    Unfortunatly Honda's build quality has somewhat waned over the past few years

OT:
    When i was at the Honda dealer the other week
    I had a salesman try and persuade me into buying a new Honda - all Thai made
    Not being raicist
    But i said its not made in Japan
    He said they're all under the guidance of Japanese managers
    I laughed and said, okay

Also just found out alot of the MY06/07 Civic R18's were prone to having a cracked block
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    wheel bearing usually not a part of abs system. abs rings usually on the driveshafts
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Am hoping for this to be a one-off hiccup. Having said that, my FIL had a very expensive issue with a C Class, not too far out of Warranty, and next door neighbour an expensive issue with his 3 Series, just out, as well. So going Euro marque is not necessarily the answer. I couldn't afford to anyway.
    I cannot fault the way this car feels/drives/looks. (2.4 L with factory Modulo body stuff).
    We shall see...

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Good stuff
    Just keep an eye on your oil level
    And change the ATF regularly

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Picked up Friday. Bliss, noise gone...

Curiosity question only; anyone know, in regards to manufacture say, in Thailand, whether all/most components ship in from Japan, then offshore assembly only?
    Or are some manufactured in Thailand, or wherever?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Most of the Honda's oem parts have 'made in Japan' on them
    Whether or not they ship the part to Japan for packaging to say 'made in japan' is anyones guess
    I know alot of the Honda Access parts nowadays say 'made in thailand'
    Also a Honda tool i got to adjust steering rack slop says 'assembled in USA' on it

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    So looks like we're well into FTA-Land. Very fuzzy around the edges.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Fixed under Warranty at Autosports Honda. Happiness is a silent-running Accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by frailer5 View Post
    Curiosity question only; anyone know, in regards to manufacture say, in Thailand, whether all/most components ship in from Japan, then offshore assembly only?
    Or are some manufactured in Thailand, or wherever?
    majority of parts are local made (thailand) actually.

Denso etc who supplies majority of internal parts for Honda have thailand factories, so its very thai..
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars