Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I just had a google, D16Z does not come with EGR
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Can you chuck us a photo of the fuel injector rail
    usually the EGR port has a runner that runs along the top of it
    I know some Honda engines here did NOT come with an EGR port like their USA counterparts

If you're stuttering at 2k rpm it's probably your o2 sensor playing up (Under certain light load the ecu takes info from the MAP & o2 sensor)
    Does it bog at WoT (wide open throttle)?
    Had a similar problem with my old accord, were it would hesitate at that rpm - i replaced my IACV (cleaning did not work) and reset my base idle, after bleeding my coolant and checking vaccuum leaks
    Also hows ignition timing?
    Any CEL's?

If you need more photos i can take them

WOT is always fine.
    Checked the radiator and there's no bubbles so it doesn't look like there's a cracked head.
    The ignition timing might be a cause. i went to do it today but can't do it because i can't find the little plug thing to cross-wire before a looking at the timing.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    i just cleaned the intake manifold. man, it had nice coat of black crud.

I might take if for a drive later to mcD's and see how that goes.

but i do have another question....
    there was this hose that goes from the top left corner of the valve cover into the intake. i suspect this is the case if the crud.
    Does anyone know if i can remove it? can i just add on of those valve cover external oil filters??

stupid pipe spewing shit in my shit.
    Last edited by SpikeED3; 21-04-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Jimper wire
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeED3 View Post
    i just cleaned the intake manifold. man, it had nice coat of black crud, the inside was dirtier than my wife!!

I might take if for a drive later to mcD's and see how that goes.

but i do have another question....
    there was this hose that goes from the top left corner of the valve cover into the intake. i suspect this is the case if the crud.
    Does anyone know if i can remove it? can i just add on of those valve cover external oil filters??
    you can, but its illegal
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Jimper wire
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    you can, but its illegal
    Maybe i can split it, add a hidden filter and block off the part that goes to the intake,..... anyway i'm more concerned about my current issue.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED3 civic sedan
    Interested in knowing how she got a fuel pump in there. If all ed3s are carb, was the tank replaced from the concerto or pump added to the existing tank?

Nice car, good to see some of these still knocking around.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by k20paddy View Post
    Interested in knowing how she got a fuel pump in there. If all ed3s are carb, was the tank replaced from the concerto or pump added to the existing tank?

Concerto tank is pretty much identical, i wouldnt be surprised if it's also using the concerto fuel lines.

That jumper plug you'll be able to find around the passenger side of the firewall, it's got a yellow rubber plug on it.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by k20paddy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Concerto tank is pretty much identical, i wouldnt be surprised if it's also using the concerto fuel lines.

That jumper plug you'll be able to find around the passenger side of the firewall, it's got a yellow rubber plug on it.

I don't know about the fuel system, I'll have to ask or take a look. still can't find that little yellow sucker...

Yeah i haven't seen many of these around.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    OK I've learnt some new things about this bogging down at 2,000

Exhibit A

I have 2 of these problems.
    "difficult to start cold engine" & "poor performance - loss of power"
    I know the injectors are good, I've already changed the fuel filter for a new one so the only other thing that is mentioned in both of these issues is the fuel pump. That being said, i've disconnected the fuel line from the fuel filter and it seems to prime ok...

Exhibit B

The lag at 2,000 seems to happen more when the engine bay is hot. so it happens more on hot days, and it happens more after running the engine hard. This leads me to believe it might be an O2 sensor failing as it gets hot.

But no, there is no CEL on.
    Last edited by SpikeED3; 20-03-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I just had a google, D16Z does not come with EGR

Cheers! I thought I was going nuts!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    maybe its heat soak lol