Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by steve euro View Post
    Pretty clean sedan there! What are the front seats out of?
    Thanks Steve

Ya, I had a feeling these seats weren't stock, but I wasn't sure, this is my first Honda.... the only Honda I've been in really, so I have nothing to compare it to. The whole car is basically a Civic to Concerto conversion. So I imagine they are Concerto seats too.

Maybe someone who has a Concerto confirm this?

Concerto Concerto Concerto

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Those front seats aren't from a Concerto, maybe they're from a ED6.
    OEM parts whore

They look like DA9 seats, i dont remember the head rest having the seam bead though.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    hmmmmm interesting. maybe I should take more detailed pictures?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3

Megan Racing Exhaust Headers

Got my new exhaust Megan Racing headers today!

First impressions...
    They came from USA to AU in a cardboard box with no protection other than individual plastic bags.

Luckily nothing seems to be broken or bent.

The 3 bolts that come with the kit were out of their little baggie and rattling around in the box as I received it from the courier.

Again, luckily, this only damaged was to the top of the secondaries and the primaries were undamaged.

The finish on these headers are nice in stainless steel.

(The kit)

(Top of the primaries)

The primaries.
    The overall finish is what I expected. Non-sequential pairing of the primaries confirm they sent the right set of pipes for my engine. The pipes merge together ok with the length of pipe they have. The welds seem to look good, if not a little too good. It almost looks like they have used the bare minimum amount of weld material to get the job done. This means they have either refined the manufacturing process perfectly, or they are cheap.
    Pro's: less product weight, cheaper to produce.
    Con's: might crack a weld over time, or with extreme heating or cooling.

Where the headers meet the block looks interesting. There seems to be a little more weld blocking the air flow from cylinders number 2 and 3. Even though this is a minor issue, cylinders 1 and 4 clearly don't have the same problem. So why aren't they all the same?

If you look in the left pipe you can see the small lump of slag still left behind. Is it a big deal? Not really. But it may reveals a little something about the level of quality control.

The secondaries.
    The secondaries seem fine. Good length with a nice merge. Except when you look down into the collector end.
    You can clearly see that the pipe on the inside is not flush. Again, not a big deal but enough to disrupt the airflow none the less. In this case it almost has the effect of narrowing the pipe. I'll have to speak to the exhaust fab guys and see if we can open it up a little.

Conclusion.
    The primaries are roughly the same length as the secondaries, indicating a balanced design looking to offer good low and mid rpm performance without sacrificing too much high rpm performance. A short collector with a relatively smooth merge should help keep velocity up and provide a slight improvement in peak power. Again, also note the non-sequential pairing of the primaries.

All in all, (pre-intallation) I'd say these headers get a 6 out of 10. Despite the minor 'defects' they seem to be a good set of pipes. Also with a D16Z2 engine there aren't many pipes to choose from. Originally I was looking into X-Force, but after speaking to them I chose not to proceed as they could not guarantee their pipe would fit in my Civic / Concerto hybrid. However if these Megan Racing headers turn out to be useless, I may have to take a gamble with X-Force and hope they fit without too much modifying.

The real test will come once they are installed. Yes, they will perform better than stock. The question is: how will they hold up structurally? Only time will tell.
    Last edited by SpikeED3; 03-03-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Also, Here is the catalytic converter from Scorpion.

200 CPSI, Metalic, 2" in 2" out

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeED3 View Post

Where the headers meet the block looks interesting. There seems to be a little more weld blocking the air flow from cylinders number 2 and 3. Even though this is a minor issue, cylinders 1 and 4 clearly don't have the same problem. So why aren't they all the same?

If you look in the left pipe you can see the small lump of slag still left behind. Is it a big deal? Not really. But it may reveals a little something about the level of quality control.
    I have a set of OEM dc2r headers at home (aus spec). I was surprised how badly they were welded together when I looked closely at the ports.

2 of them look pretty much like your Megan racing ones with a big lip and weld bead on the bottom edge but the other 2 are a fair bit smoother. The merge at the collector was a lot better though very small diameter.

Seems it's not only after market with shit QC.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_ View Post
    I have a set of OEM dc2r headers at home (aus spec). I was surprised how badly they were welded together when I looked closely at the ports.

2 of them look pretty much like your Megan racing ones with a big lip and weld bead on the bottom edge but the other 2 are a fair bit smoother. The merge at the collector was a lot better though very small diameter.

Seems it's not only after market with shit QC.

That sucks the big one. With all the companies talk about better air flow and R&D etc you'd think they'd give more of a damn about QC.

Have they been installed on your car long? If so, how have they held up over time?

That being said I like the quality of Bisimoto headers, but I also like having power steering and a/c.

How are they for ground clearance compared to the stock headers?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED3
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    How are they for ground clearance compared to the stock headers?
    Who me? or rc?

I haven't installed them yet, should be done in a few days. They are a 4-2-1 set-up so they should offer more clearance than a 4-1 but I won't know for sure until installation if they are as good as stock. I hope they allow some clearance, I wouldn't mind dropping the car, just one more inch.

That sucks the big one. With all the companies talk about better air flow and R&D etc you'd think they'd give more of a damn about QC.

Have they been installed on your car long? If so, how have they held up over time?

That being said I like the quality of Bisimoto headers, but I also like having power steering and a/c.
    I haven't installed them yet. I've got a die grinder to fix up the ports.

The collector I've cut it before the restriction so it's min 57mn ID instead of 40mm that it comes with.

I don't think they'll have any durability issues, it's just they aren't very well put together considering they are supposedly for a hi-po production car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Got my new exhaust Megan Racing headers today!

First impressions...
    They came from USA to AU in a cardboard box with no protection other than individual plastic bags.

Luckily nothing seems to be broken or bent.

The 3 bolts that come with the kit were out of their little baggie and rattling around in the box as I received it from the courier.

Again, luckily, this only damaged was to the top of the secondaries and the primaries were undamaged.

The finish on these headers are nice in stainless steel.

(The kit)

(Top of the primaries)

The primaries.
    The overall finish is what I expected. Non-sequential pairing of the primaries confirm they sent the right set of pipes for my engine. The pipes merge together ok with the length of pipe they have. The welds seem to look good, if not a little too good. It almost looks like they have used the bare minimum amount of weld material to get the job done. This means they have either refined the manufacturing process perfectly, or they are cheap.
    Pro's: less product weight, cheaper to produce.
    Con's: might crack a weld over time, or with extreme heating or cooling.

The secondaries.
    The secondaries seem fine. Good length with a nice merge. Except when you look down into the collector end.
    You can clearly see that the pipe on the inside is not flush. Again, not a big deal but enough to disrupt the airflow none the less. In this case it almost has the effect of narrowing the pipe. I'll have to speak to the exhaust fab guys and see if we can open it up a little.

Conclusion.
    The primaries are roughly the same length as the secondaries, indicating a balanced design looking to offer good low and mid rpm performance without sacrificing too much high rpm performance. A short collector with a relatively smooth merge should help keep velocity up and provide a slight improvement in peak power. Again, also note the non-sequential pairing of the primaries.

All in all, (pre-intallation) I'd say these headers get a 6 out of 10. Despite the minor 'defects' they seem to be a good set of pipes. Also with a D16Z2 engine there aren't many pipes to choose from. Originally I was looking into X-Force, but after speaking to them I chose not to proceed as they could not guarantee their pipe would fit in my Civic / Concerto hybrid. However if these Megan Racing headers turn out to be useless, I may have to take a gamble with X-Force and hope they fit without too much modifying.

The real test will come once they are installed. Yes, they will perform better than stock. The question is: how will they hold up structurally? Only time will tell.
    looks shit tbh
    SSpamily