Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensor leak?

Sensor leak?

Hey pals,

I'm not really good with cars at all, just wondering if anyone could tell me what sensor this is, if it is a sensor at all.

It's located under the oil filter, right above the headers, and it does drip onto the headers making a real bad burning oil smell, I did a bit of research and people saying it was the oil pressure sensor, but I'm not to sure myself.

Whenever I turn my car on, it starts to drip profusely, I have at least 600 oil leaks and its time to start fixing them -.-

If anyone could give a poor man a hand identifying this and where to get a new one from, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks bros.

PS. sorry bout the bad photo, it's the best I could get
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2096.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	27818  
    Last edited by Nazz; 25-02-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Oil pressure sensor, does often leak, you can get a new one from Honda directly - might be bit costly..

Where are you based?

Btw for the other oil leaks, check this site out:

http://www.preludezone.com/general-t...ng-thread.html
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Just checked ebay, 40 bucks free shipping to Australia. Easy peasy.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Located in Melbourne dude!
    Might go ask Honda and see what price they're looking for before I get one online.
    Thanks heaps dude.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    All good! Nasty oil leak that is.

Btw your oil cooler seal looks to be leaking too which is very common, be prepared to buy a 32 socket to get the bastard off lol

haha among other things, you should see the bottom of my block, when I raised it on the hoist, I nearly had a nightmare. was completely covered in oil, I need to fix that sensor before i cant clean it and see where the other leaks are coming from -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    x2 for leaky valve cover gasket, cam seal, dizzy o ring seal, VTEC solenoid seal
    List goes on and on
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

yeah dude, all of which are leaking -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazz View Post
    haha among other things, you should see the bottom of my block, when I raised it on the hoist, I nearly had a nightmare. was completely covered in oil, I need to fix that sensor before i cant clean it and see where the other leaks are coming from -.-
    Dafaq

Das not it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    x2 for leaky valve cover gasket, cam seal, dizzy o ring seal, VTEC solenoid seal
    List goes on and on
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazz View Post
    yeah dude, all of which are leaking -.-
    Don't rule them all to be leaking, that link I posted is a good indication of where things will leak to/from, already from that picture it seems that the oil cooler seal could be leaking onto/over the sensor which may make it look like it's leaking from there but it's not

Mine got so bad I had to change it eventually, I would 100% change that first to see what else is leaking

Valve cover would be obvious, the others wouldn't be so common as to change - cam seals can leak but often not enough to be serious enough to change - same with distributor o ring

Vtec solenoid leaks often too but again not so much an issue as the others

The sensor is leaking 100%, this morning I jacked it and stuck my head under when I started it and got a mouthful of oil from there -.-. But I need to fix that first so that I can actually drive it to a car wash to clean it and see exactly where all my leaks are coming from. The valve cover is another obvious one that is just leaking all over the back of the engine, cam seal actually might not be, but I've read that it's better to change it anyway just because the stock one tends to be shitty anyway. As for like the VTEC solenoid I think thats the only thing thats actually dry in my car -.- haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Loooooool shiet

Hope you get it sorted!

fingers crossed haha, cheers for the help dude!