Member Array
    Car:
    EKD

ek civic rta toe

Just wanted to know if the oem rta toe is adjustable or not as I didn't pass vehicle inspections coz of this and afaik this item hasn't been changed in my car only when a hardrace toe kit replaced it but since then has been taken to pass rwc
    Last edited by [stealth]; 25-02-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    Just wanted to know if the oem rta toe is adjustable or not as I didn't pass vehicle inspections coz of this and afaik this item hasn't been changed in my car only when a hardrace toe kit replaced it but since then has been taken oto pass rwc
    All civic's with RTA have adjustable toe.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    Who's gonna certify this for me via letter or whatever so the suckers can pass me for rwc(suspension store/Honda?)

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    Who's gonna certify this for me via letter or whatever so the suckers can pass me for rwc(suspension store/Honda?)
    I'm not clear on your dilemma.

your OP was unclear.

EK comes out of the factory with toe adjustment.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    the oem compensator arm is fixed, it's toe 'adjustable' because when it loosened, it can slide around in the bracket (changes toe).
    hardrace is adjustable on the compensator arm itself, which is why it wont pass rwc.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    the oem compensator arm is fixed, it's toe 'adjustable' because when it loosened, it can slide around in the bracket (changes toe).
    hardrace is adjustable on the compensator arm itself, which is why it wont pass rwc.
    look m8, I don't need ur help, helping him ok.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    on my list of things to fix it states
    'Rectify rear trailing arm toe adjuster to be removed'

It's a stock one in there already? How am I meant to prove it is to them?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Pic of rta assembly. Sounds like the guy doing the inspection is a retard.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

might be like this

That photo shows perfectly that there is already adjustment available in the factory setup (the slotted hole at the upper right of the picture). If the inspector doesn't like the fact that you can adjust the rear toe, then he'd better defect every single EG-EK Civic (plus no doubt dozens of other models).

If you have an adjustable linkl as shown in the pic, then he might have a problem with it. Still, it's only adding adjustability to where there already is adjustability from the factory, so hou could he have a problem with it?

Solid (rose joint) end links are another matter, and generally illegal

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    i removed my hardrace adjustable toe from my ek... leaving the factory item back in place with the adjustable bolt area still showing like the pic above ^
    Last edited by [stealth]; 02-03-2015 at 09:42 PM.