Hi Everyone,

I have an issue which is baffling me with my 2000 DC2R (142000klm).

Last April I changed my clutch to an Exedy Sport as I could feel the original clutch (also an exedy sport)was not as positive as it should be and getting a bit noisy from the bearing.

Also I was starting to experience a 2 really weird things, the first being that when starting the car in neutral,it would slowly creep forward, and when reversing and letting the clutch out, would suddenly grip wuith a thump and while reversing, if you push the clutch in, the car would jerk to a stop as if it suddenly got to the end of a bungee cord.

So at Christmas, I changed the fluid to Motul gear oil as the mechanic had originally used a Valvoline one and this seemed to solve the reversing issues (not completely) but then I started getting 2nd to 3rd crunching of the gears when changing, and when cold it certainly didnt like going from 3rd to 2nd but once the car warmed up this was OK. and if you start the car in neutral it could drive out of the garage by itself..

So now, last weekend I changed the fluid again to Honda MTF and the 3rd gear crunch gone completely, but when the car is cold it still will not change from 3rd down to 2nd until the car is stopped or warmed up, and the reversing bungee cord issue is back with a vengeance. Negligible creeping forward now in neutral.

I have been trying to work out whats wrong, and it all sounds like it will be expensive, as I think there could be some diff issue, and who knows what for the cold gear change refusal.

A mechanic friend will be looking at it tomorrow, he thinks something has broken or come loose which could be causing one of the gears to bind against the idler gear when reversing.

Any ideas?

As the engine needs rings etc, was hoping to maybe just get another engine and box complete, but if I rebuild the box should be good for another 140K.

Thanks
Chris