Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Hnnnnggggg that pedal kit and brakes

my cot
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

My little brother wants one of these soooo bad, he'd probably give one of his kidneys for one

From what I've seen/read up on a standard roundie front isnt big enough for a b series and thats why most people use clubbies.
    Have you seen the project binki build on youtube?
    Those guys are using a complete celica gt4 engine and full running gear into a mini so anything can be done depending on how you want to go about it.
    The other guy in Victoria with a b16a clubman, I'll try find his contact details for you
    Check project binki on youtube I, recommend it to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    From what I've seen/read up on a standard roundie front isnt big enough for a b series and thats why most people use clubbies.
    Have you seen the project binki build on youtube?
    Those guys are using a complete celica gt4 engine and full running gear into a mini so anything can be done depending on how you want to go about it.
    The other guy in Victoria with a b16a clubman, I'll try find his contact details for you
    Check project binki on youtube I, recommend it to everyone
    I have met Peter Dunn and been for a drive in his Vtec Clumbman. It goes well.
    I know it can be done it is just going to require patience. Funnily enough something I lack. Ha
    The Binki clips on YouTube are quite good. Some serious money spent here. This is pretty much a new she'll and looks ridiculously heavy in the front. It will be interesting to see how it goes with all the weight.

Just a thought about frames

Get a kit , don't make your own. Either Minitec B kit , or ALLSPEED to suit your round nose are FINE.

A custom kit kit will require you do a series of load tests and add significant cost to your project where a pre made kit can have written tests already accessible proving they are OK for stress tests etc.

There is really one one kit that will fit in a round nose and maintain the original track. Landed here from the UK is about $3k.
    Engineer said car drawings will determine the crash resistance.
    The minitec frame widens the track which is a no no if I want it to be registered. This frame also requires too many body modifications for a RHD vehicle.
    Best to make my own to suit I think.

I don't know what you refer to but the ALLSPEED kit maintains original tracking - it uses the original suspension !
    I paid about $2800 for the kit landed.

This is far cheaper than making one yourself - engineering it and probably destroying it in the process. Just a thought.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    subbed.
    SSpamily

I haven't followed the 16v conversion mini scene for a while, last I'd heard was people had to extend roundie fronts about 3 inches to squeeze in b series motors. Most ended up with fibreglass flip fronts. Good to hear they got around it.
    With the binki build im not sure about lots of money going into it, its really only their time and effort. The build is just impressive to watch how they hit hurdles and work around them in a easy to follow manor.
    It will be heavier but minis aren't balanced to begin with, having the diff in the rear could balance it better. Standard A series and box weighs 150kg, doubt the 3sgte weighs more then that

Finally got a start on the project last Sunday. Engine & subframe out. This weekend I will clean out the rest of the parts and if time permits start cutting out the inner wheel arches.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Nice.
    SSpamily

looking great.

the ausmini guys will buy that front end off you in a heartbeat !