Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    umm well u mentioned it was a pressie from your parents.. just to be different i would say dont sell it because it seems tight to sell something your parents gave you. even though the base model DC5 is not really a car u should even attempt modding especially since its auto.. if you really wanna spend money on it just do a rice airfilter and STOP THERE =P.. no seriosly it wouldent be worth trying to do a auto to manual conversion its troublesome time consuming and well DC5 base isent exactly a good place to start.

if it wasent a pressie i would say sell the car and get something better to work on.

mm audm dc5 and dc5r. well i wont go into that topic as alot of people own audm dc5rs but ,, Whispers quietly.. "it isent the real type R" ^_^..
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    i agree with most opinions.
    sell the car then get an AUSDM Type R or if you can find one a JDM Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by integraz
    the car plans to be a weekend track car, and the usual weekday outing.

i do no the difference between the base and ITR, and i plan to do the full sussy tein, hks hipermax, and 4 or 6 pot endless brake kit.

Because i plan on getting rid of the standard ITR brakes and suspension anyway.
    and i think it would be more expensive if i bought a dc5r that means i gota pay, maybe an extra 5000, i would end up chucking out the standard wheels, brake system, suspension, and bodykit as well.

but good replies you guys, keep them coming...
    so the k20a2 + recaros + lsd + i dunno off the top of my head isn't worth $5000?

edit: plus cost and trouble of engine transplant if ur going that way

man u guys gotta see thatunless this guy is bill gates son or something its big bucks for a job man there are many ways to improve the cars performance but the problem is price man .... man to do the swap and gear box that already what $9000+
    man to change gearbox alone is $5000 ...
    why dont you turbo your car and put the high stall converter in for $8000 and thats pretty good because thats talkin everything including pistons and exhaust and turbo , front mount shift kit manifold everything
    man u gotta put your money where your mouth is and think .....
    you hav alot of options bro so do weat u think is best .. but if you want a near 13 second ride that is stable then do the turbo auto

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    look...
    wanting to do all these things on a auto DC5 i've been there and done that!! it's not worth it!!! Unless you plan on spending the rest of your 5 to 10 years working on this project....

MrThanh and I have both gone through the same thinking process...and we have come to the conclusion that we are to keep the car as it and then get something else later...much better, and a manual...

but...do whatever you like, it's your money and your car, your life...whatever you decide to go with, more power to you...but you are the one that has to live with it.