Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA

Recommend me some lug nuts please? :)

Bought some aftermarket wheels which are gunmetal so seems I'll have to buy some new lug nuts Can anyone recommend any for me for a DC5? Have never had to swap lugs before but have been told that theres no point buying 'lock nuts' if anyone were to suggest them as if thieves want the wheels, they'll find a way to get them (read on another forum).

Would prefer a shop within Australia too where I can purchase them so I can get these wheels on quick smart Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    First and foremost, you will need nuts that seat properly. as long as they meet that then the rest is your choice as to how much you want to spend
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Get fn2 nuts, they are oem seats with lock nut
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I don't quite inderstand, can you please post pix of your nuts
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I would but I don't want infraction eh heeeeee
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    He got aftermarket wheels so wrong seating. But OP, what is your budget?

People have varying views of lock nuts but my view is that they are worth it. Your argument (or the arguments you've heard) are fairly invalid as it could also apply to why you would install an alarm on your car or your house. If people want to steal your car or get into your house enough, they will find a way as well.

It's all about deterring would be offenders and slowing them down if they decided to go ahead. Nothing is full proof but everything is better than nothing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post

People have varying views of lock nuts but my view is that they are worth it. Your argument (or the arguments you've heard) are fairly invalid as it could also apply to why you would install an alarm on your car or your house. If people want to steal your car or get into your house enough, they will find a way as well.

It's all about deterring would be offenders and slowing them down if they decided to go ahead. Nothing is full proof but everything is better than nothing.
    Yh just realised, watajk

Get mugen lugs srs

Had some on my prelude, was ballin

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post

thats why i weld my lugnuts on

then simply oxy them off when needed

in the 5 years i have been motoring, i am yet to come back to a wheel-less car
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    thats why i weld my lugnuts on

then simply oxy them off when needed

in the 5 years i have been motoring, i am yet to come back to a wheel-less car
    Interesting fact, the weight difference with lug nuts vs welding - welding strips ~10kg of unsprung weight which helps greatly with acceleration.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Thanks for the replies - as I don't know much about lug nuts I figured I'd decide on lug nuts purely by what I think is more suitable so budget is fairly open.. I'm always parked securely though and my wheels aren't in the CE28 price range - if they were I'd be more security conscious It's more the fact that I need a new set to match the wheel colour to be honest, I'd consider more unique colours too like teal etc

As for the link above they're in Japan though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    These seem to be the same as the above or am I missing something? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rays-Engi...item33897dd9cc

Sydney based too.. well NSW anyway