Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    The best oem im is the y8, though I wouldnt use it I bought the edelbrock im amazing piece of kit. Dont bother with the skunk2 or blox ones they are just b series im's with d series flanges
    Excellent.
    Going to see if I can regrind the cam to increase lift and duration (through magic. Or just get one made. however it works). So, y8 springs and retainers? And maybe valves?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    buy a y8 head can get them for 50-100. buy PG6 pistons. oem d16y8 headgasket and you will be in the 12:7.1 comp area.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    buy a y8 head can get them for 50-100. buy PG6 pistons. oem d16y8 headgasket and you will be in the 12:7.1 comp area.
    What about all the vtec business? Surely ls swap is painful? Or is it easy as with d?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    PM me if you just want a d16y8 motor cheap. Comes with new belts/major seals + water pump already done.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Doesn't have anything on d16y4 block though
    Or would the 15b7 be similar?

Did find something else on it though, and apparently it's a pretty straightforward swap. Sounds promising

edit: If I go with the y8 above (which I more than likely will, if I can get my funds sorted), would the pg6's still yeild that high compression? They seem to say (from what I've found on ebay, haha) that they are close to stock compression. Although, that is for a d16a/ some others. all whilst saying high comp. Iunno. But, that could be a good way to do it.
    If I'm pulling out the pistons, may as well replace bearings, may as well get the block honed and what not, get crank journals checked, etc.
    probably go brian crower stage 2 na cams. Maybe with valvetrain, if need be.
    That should make it a bit of fun. And also in theory make the engine last. As much as it's got new bits, if I'm pulling it apart, may as well do it fully, so it lasts a long time
    Last edited by Drifter995; 11-03-2015 at 11:32 AM.