Accord Euro ( Wheel Question )

Hi all,

Just moved here to Melbourne from New Zealand, have been reading up on all these rules etc.

Tried searching but not coming up with any answers

My Question is that, Ie Honda Accord Euro comes with 17x7 factory wheels.

rules state that 1 inch more over the factory wheels.

if i was to use 8.5" would i be able to get a engineer certificate and get them legal.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    depends on yoru state, some states have a maximum of which u can change the track of the car, if i were you i would just run 8.5's as long as they are within the guards and the rolling diameter is unchanged or close to stock

Quote Originally Posted by blitznur View Post
    Hi all,

Just moved here to Melbourne from New Zealand, have been reading up on all these rules etc.

Tried searching but not coming up with any answers

My Question is that, Ie Honda Accord Euro comes with 17x7 factory wheels.

rules state that 1 inch more over the factory wheels.

if i was to use 8.5" would i be able to get a engineer certificate and get them legal.

Cheers
    I'd probably wouldn't worry about the wheels, they are an interchangeable item, it's pretty rare that a cop would pick on that unless it's sticking out the guards/bad treads or running hectic camber. 8.5 should still sit within the guards, wouldn't stress over it.

For the records they go off the stock wheel size sticker in your car if it ever gets to that (without it being OBVIOUSLY too wide), arguably you could get one made up?
    Last edited by fillit; 11-03-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    get one from the new NSX haha