Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_ View Post
    Yes, I agree it is very light for a car battery but that's not my point. You will never ever notice the handling improvement from this mod as they claim.

The weight difference between this battery and others mentioned in this thread is SFA in the scheme of things.

The other advantages you get (ie being able to mount sideways etc for easy relocation) you still get with other much cheaper dry cell batteries like full river/ deka / odyssey.

Above is just my opinion, i chose to get a lightweight battery only because my standard one died and is for a dedicated track car. Price wise was cheaper than getting the equivalent standard battery too so win win.
    Yeah I respect your opinion man.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for the product.
    I merely asked members participating in the thread, whether they had any experiences with the brand.

Forums are all about discussion and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by AusVTi-R View Post
    Yeah I respect your opinion man.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for the product.
    I merely asked members participating in the thread, whether they had any experiences with the brand.

Forums are all about discussion and learning.
    You might have to be the guinea pig, lithium car batteries are fairly new tech Prob not much experience here apart from eg5 mentioned earlier in the thread.

lithium car batteries are fairly new tech

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    great post there.

new tech, as in not mainstream use for vehicle starting applications.

think this thread is a lost cause now the spammers are here.

great post there.

new tech, as in not mainstream use for vehicle starting applications.

think this thread is a lost cause now the spammers are here.
    no, the thread isn't a lost cause because of "the spammers".

and no it wouldn't just be the starting of the vehicle, it would be the management of the battery during operation, the monitoring of the batteries health etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    no, the thread isn't a lost cause because of "the spammers".

and no it wouldn't just be the starting of the vehicle, it would be the management of the battery during operation, the monitoring of the batteries health etc.
    I don't see your point? My reference to a "starting" battery is because that is how the main application is described as apposed to an auxiliary or deep cycle battery.

My point is that lithium batteries are not widely adopted by automotive manufacturers for good reasons.

Ive seen that claim, it was in reference to motorbikes not cars
    I cut and paste the quote directly from their page linked for the nsx application. but yeah in a bike i think you would notice a difference.
    Last edited by rc_; 26-03-2015 at 08:21 PM.