The hunt continues.

So which one of you guys bought the yellow s2k? ?? ??? ???????? ???????????? ?!$#(!*$(!*(*!!!! @!$!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    I was first in line.. Had it professionally checked out and was advised to steer clear. The car was heavily modified previously and had a hard life. Years of being driven hard and most likely taken for track work.

A few things off the top of my head are that the front guard and boot had been resprayed with uneven colour match, clutch was about to go, and engine oil usage seemed a big excessive (although this is probably common on s2ks). The LSD also had the "sticky" issue with clunking at low speeds (again another common issue nothjng too alarming). Few minor things like the cluster looking like it had been changed before and some of the pieces were missing on the soft top parcel shelf.

Overall being such a tough s2k market I was prepared to overlook these things (I mean it's an s2000 who wouldn't drive it hard.. And I'm sure it's still got a bit of life in it as it's a Honda). However what stopped me was the front drivers side upper control arm. The bolt holding the control arm had been stripped so it was no longer able to go into the bolt properly.. This was most likely as a backyard "return to stock" job had been done and they accidentally rattle gunned the bolt too tightly. In order to get the bolt/nut rethreaded would need a cut and weld from a workshop (I know the car previously had buddy club N+ coilovers). The inspector tried to put the bolt back in but it just wasn't possible unless a workshop had a look at it.

I was pretty pissed too as I thought that this car was the one to get (looked so clean from the pics). But didn't want to risk the suspension falling out on my drive from Sydney back to Melbourne

Now these are just my assumptions and they may not be an issue for others out there. Just wanted to share my view about the vehicle.. So don't feel too bad about missing out!

I shed a tear at work when I found out at work, it seemed fully clean from the photos! I thought that gemstone i've been searching for finally appeared.

Thank you for your input, I feel so much better now!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Yep.. overall the body was straight though and had extensive service history, whoever bought it just needs to make sure they have a look at that bolt/nut on the front control arm and they're good to go!

Doesn't seem like major issues tbh. All fixable... Why didn't you go for it in the end and just try get it cheaper with the issues pointed out?