Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1

Honda Beat PP1 discussion thread

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on a Honda Beat discussion thread as unfortunately there wasn't really one on OzHonda.

Please feel free to contribute with any info, links, photos or questions regarding Honda's little pocket rocket. Due to the age of these models and the nature of the high-revving 656cc 3-cylinder engine, they do need some love by this point in their life. Parts can be quite difficult to get a hold of and unfortunately aren't exactly cheap by the time you import them from Japan etc so if anyone has some knowledge and experience in importing bits, looking up part numbers, or perhaps has some spare bits laying around feel free to add.

I'm very interested to know how many Beats there actually are in Australia so If you own one, or know of one, let us know as I'd love to get an approximate figure on the numbers.

I can think of at least 3 (and a 4th I saw a few years back) here in Adelaide, and certainly a few more interstate.

I'll update this thread shortly with some technical info, pics and links.

Here's mine...

It's a '95 Verion-Z which to my knowledge is pretty well the same with only real differences being the factory LSD, alloy wheels & spoiler as standard, and all-black cluster.

I picked this up towards the end of 2013 in complete factory condition.

A parts order was made within days of picking it up. Some minor additions to the interior were a Nardi steering wheel, OEM DC2R gear knob and boot, Carbing roll bar (purely cosmetic as I don't think it would do jack in case of an actual rollover), Pioneer deck (factory player is pretty much shagged). I'll be looking at picking up a Recaro SPG as I currently already own one and I think the black and grey will suit the Beat's interior perfectly, although with the current suspension setup my back gets pretty sore as is, on cushiony factory seats. The zebra seats have actually kinda grown on me.

The thing looked pretty crap on stock "phone dial" wheels, so a set of staggered TE37's was ordered from YJ as well as a some Trust PS-Compact coils. Made a world of difference with the look of the car and more importantly handling. Oh and the tyres were 1000x better than the crap that came on it. Sizes are 14x6" +38 & 15x6.5" +36 with 165's all round.

Stock exhaust was rattling and falling apart so had a custom one made up. Sounds tops with little backfire pops on the downshift. Also, made a custom airbox with HKS filter to open up those ITB's a bit.

My 2 projects.

Recently picked up a set of Mugen NR10's as an alternative set... got a good deal on them so couldn't resist. I think they suit the car nicely. They are in pretty good knick but will look at doing a full resto on them to really get them sparkling. Also looking at picking up a set of CF48's.

I quite like the factory body of the PP1 and don't want to fiddle with it too much due to the rarity of the thing so as far as bodywork goes will just keep it to a US Racing front lip and Backyard Special rear wing (duckbill). Currently looking at fitting up 242mm EG brakes up front as the stock ones are pretty poor. Will update you on how that goes.

If you're a Beat owner in Aus, please feel free to add some pics and info on yours.

Cheers,
    Pav
    Last edited by Tegzieboi_BAR; 12-02-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    Getting there...