Found out a bit more interesting info on brake upgrades for the Beat via a fellow Australian Beat owner.

GD Jazz (1st gen) calipers and disks are a direct bolt on to Beat hubs. Only issue is a slight mis-alignment meaning that the inner pad will make contact with the disk. This is the same issue with the more common Integra Type-R/Prelude brake upgrade on EG/EK/DC2 where the disk must be spaced 3mm away from the hub, or have the caliper bracket shaved/machined. I've been doing a bit more research on it and although I can't find anything that's 100% certain, the 2 Jazz model brakes are supposedly interchangeable hence if you wanted to you could even run the 262mm disks and larger calipers which are found on the GE Jazz (2nd gen). Wheel and perhaps even suspension clearance could become an issue, but it's certainly an option.

At this stage I have already bought new OEM pads for mine and with a heap of expenses coming up this mod will have to wait but will certainly experiment with it in the future. Personally I think upgrading to 240mm disks will be a sufficient performance upgarde from the OEM 213mm rotors, without adding too much unsprung weight. Running 14" wheels may also become an issue with the 262's.