Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1st Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

Smile My 1st Honda

Greetings all.
    I am a retired oil company worker and "empty nester."
    Recently my wife's 12 year old Toyota Corolla Sportivo was rear ended and written off, so I jumped at the chance of buying an Accord Euro, a model that had caught my eye some years ago. I came across a very nice, very low kms, 2012 Euro Luxury at John Blair Honda in Prahan, (Victoria) and it was "love at 1st drive." The price was right and so here she is. ( A "she", my wife calls it "Yoko", a "partner" to my 1996 Saab 9000, which is known in the family as "Sven.")
    We love the handling of the Accord and also its quietness when on the highway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6966.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	27862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6963.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	27863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6960.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	27864  

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    welcome to the forum haanda nice to meet you

beautiful car!
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Welcome to OzHonda, nice Haanda you've acquired!!!

Is this a daily for the Mrs or are you considering traving Sven in?
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Sorry to hear that the old Corolla was written off,but you have made a massive upgrade,and I am sure your wife will LOVE her Euro...I have one too,and can tell you that they are brilliant cars.

That is one clean car man... welcome!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    Welcome to OzHonda, nice Haanda you've acquired!!!

Is this a daily for the Mrs or are you considering traving Sven in?
    The Mrs has "aquired" the Accord Euro as her daily driver lol, (quoting some long forgotten statute from the marriage vows. Something about obeying?) and I have "Sven" as mine.
    However that is not so bad, as I have a soft spot for the the old Swede. It is also my "project " vehicle---meaning that it gives me something to fiddle with.( and keeps me away from the Honda.) A short deviation from Honda's, but the SAAB has been a sort of DIY restoration project for me since I aquired it. I only have the brakes to renew (they work o.k. but, seeing they are 19 years old they are no longer "mint") and it's pretty well all restored, except for the paintwork, and I'm not going to go that far. But the Accord will now become our long distance tourer besides being her daily driver.

In answer to whether we trade "Sven" SHOGUNOVDDRK....Once the Mrs has retired from work, (in about 18 months time or so) I'll re -assess the future of the SAAB, though it will probably remain as our "town car" for quite a while. It's only done just over 200,000k and still has plenty of life left.

I have a lot to learn about the Accord Euro, so I have started to trawl through this forum. Hopefully I can pick up as much useful knowledge as I got from the various SAAB sites around. I already have noted the info in the Auto Tranny thread. Excellent stuff in there and since I already practice the frequent ATF change routine with the SAAB, (recommend by the manager of the service centre that I use. He is an ex V8 Supercars, Gibson Motorsport techie) I will follow the same procedure with the Accord Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    When doing your research,take note that the Accord Euro is badged as the Accord in most Global markets,except USA,Canada,and Mexico,where it is badged as the Acura TSX,and China where it is badged as the Spirior.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    And a variant is on sale in Malaysia as the Proton Perdana. It features parts from both the Accord Euro and the Accord. Made primarily as a VIP car for Government officials, some will eventually find there way into the hands of those "who know someone who knows someone in government circles" (One variant is a stretched version, for the Prime Minister.)
    Here are some pics of the Perdana, including the stretched version. Externally it is probably more Accord than Accord Euro, but my Malaysian contact advises that the suspension is more Accord Euro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proton-Perdana-2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	27870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proton Perdana.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	27873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perdana Stretch.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	27872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Proton-Perdana-Accord-0003.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	27871  
    Last edited by Haanda; 30-03-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Yesterday I changed out the 2 anaemic hi beam light bulbs that were installed by the factory ( Osram Sylvania's) for a pair of Philips White visions.
    Took the car for a test drive last night out on a rural back road. Much better light.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Chuck a cold air intake on it and rip some vtecs
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    If you pop on some nice old tyres you could rip up some skids too
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    B swap engine conversion
    SSpamily