Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by euGeR
    I'd actually like to know how cambering can cause a driveshaft to snap ...

I've seen guys run -3.5 camber (and still runs that amount) with 140kw +

interesting - as CV joints really are "universal joints" to transfer power to the wheels in a large amount of degrees relative to the drive shaft itself in a large amount of constant strain ( turning , bumps n bits etc) ...surely alittle lower than stock would be no hassle for the CV's as Im sure the driveshaft be almost horizontal or alittle skewed ?

*EDIT added just a educated guess*

since the driveshaft itself is brung into the edge of its peak performance range ( IE excessively lowered) - that means that any excess movement in the wrong way via a big pothole etc will no doubt rip it out as shown above.

my front wheel camber is - 4 and that isnt the problem. My driveshaft snapped due to 2 many line locks.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20-EG Drag Car
    if the driveshaft hits the end of the inside of the CV it will bind and after awhile the stress will cause it to break. I would imagine that it would happen on some models more tha others depending on the driveshafts..

i reckon the installation of the B18C engine in your GSi might have something to do with it...

you got bodgyed by who ever installed it... usign the wrong mounts or something...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    na it was the cambering. got them fixed now its all good. my engine sits just fine i got it heavly checked out my nrma inspectors when i got it. done a revs check and when i got it tuned by good peformance it was all good. so my car is fine the prob was when i had my 18s my car was cambered alot. scrubbed alot and very low and i done hard corners in it. they snapped because of this. i put my 15s on re-adjusted the camber aligned and it hasnt stuffed up and it takes corners well. so all is sweet