Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra vti-r

Integra vti-r in Brissy

Hi all. Just joined the OzHonda ranks.

I've got a 1996 Integra vti-r that I bought a few years ago as a fun weekend car. Very happy.

I have started running it in the Street Sprint days at Lakeside Park and QIRaceway Willowbank on sundays every month or so. Looking to slowly upgrade it over a few years, no rush. I'll be getting a set of Enkei RPF1's soon, then improving the filter, exhaust, brakes, suspension, etc.

Does anyone know how much a K20A engine conversion might be? Or would I be better just rebuilding and upgraging my old B18C2?

If anyone is intetested, my best times are
    - 1:07.4 at Queensland Raceway
    - 1:11.1 at Lakeside Park

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    If you're looking to kswap in qld pm user tbM or Vvvtec they will help you out.
    SSpamily

hehe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra vti-r
    Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post
    If you're looking to kswap in qld pm user tbM or Vvvtec they will help you out.
    Thanks. It's something that's probably a year or 2 in the future, but I'll pm those guys sometime soon.

Yeh good call. Sort the car before chasing more power. You've got heaps of development left before you need to up the ante. A decent set of suspension and tyres will pull a few seconds out of your lap times. I managed 1:09's at Lakeside in my gravel spec EG6 (running semi's, but tall ride height on soft gravel suspension, running relatively stock B16). I think that decent rubber and suspension should get you well below those times (was my first time ever at lakeside, and first time I ever drove the EG6, or any FWD in anger on tarmac).

I'm hoping to get to QR and Lakeside a bit more regularly in the 2nd half of this year. Might see you out there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra vti-r
    Lol, I do have Yoko AD08R's but that Lakeside time was my 1st time doing a track day and I didn't adjust tyre pressures, which I did start doing in my 2 days at QR. I'm learning every time, but I'm still pretty crap on the brakes, and I couldn't get that 1st corner (after the kink) at Lakeside right. LS is a great track though, so much fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Welcome!

Are those times with a completely stock Integra VTi-R?
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra vti-r
    Yeah, except for the yoko AD08R's. Sweet tyre.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCaramel View Post
    They're pretty good. Once the mods begin, those times will drop with ease. If you're planning on doing an engine swap, I'd personally work on safety and handling before performance. That's just me.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra vti-r
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled View Post
    They're pretty good. Once the mods begin, those times will drop with ease. If you're planning on doing an engine swap, I'd personally work on safety and handling before performance. That's just me.
    I've got my Enkei RPF1's now and they cut 2-2.5 seconds off my Lakeside time. Did a high 1:08. Haven't been to Queensland raceway with them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCaramel View Post
    Completely stock except those tyres ? Stock suspension ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra vti-r
    As far as I know, yes. I've got lightweight wheels, tyres and a clutch with a stronger clamping force. 99% sure there were no mods done before I bought it.

Well good on you. Best of luck on your modifying journey - can I suggest the following for most noticeable increase in performance (short of big power mods or engine conversion)

* rear swarbar upgrade to ASR brace + ITR rear swaybar
    *change flywheel to a lightweight item , such as standard dc2r or lighter (exedy / toda etc)
    * new shorter final drive AND proper LSD...or perhaps replace the entire gearbox with a standard dc2r box...comes with a 4.7fd and a mechanical LSD.
    All this will make a decent difference on the track and street