Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA

How do I go about making my first aftermarket wheels aggressive?

I have the wheels just figured I'd do a bit more research into fitting them aggressively, loved the look more and more over the week I was looking into tyres. Is it pretty much as simple as organizing new tyres (was thinking Kumho KU39 at either 205/40/17 or 245/49/17) and having my guards rolled - would I pretty much be set with near flush wheels then?

Wheels are 17 x 9 with a +35 offset. If so do I just arrange to have the fenders modified, mention I need them to fit +35 offset wheels (??) and then just have the tyres fitted/balanced and put on? Any feedback appreciated, I'm learning so I put it in the noob section.

The only specs I know about the wheels I saw on another guy in the US's DC5 is that they were 17x9 and +35 and the tyres were 205/45/17 but the wheels weren't on a crazy angle or anything.

Oh and car is Honda Integra 03 Cheers!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Whoops, 245/40/17 not 245/49/17 :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Is there a FAQ for fender modding in Sydney? I'm hoping for a flush fitment
    Last edited by cougarbait; 03-04-2015 at 02:03 PM.

It'll come down to your ride height

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    It'll come down to your ride height
    Dropped about 1.5-2" on Eibach springs and Koni shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    post some pictures mate, wont know until you test fit them on car, do you want agressive as in Track look or agressive as in stance look.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    The new wheels don't have any rubber on them yet but wanting them flush or poking out slightly to give it a wider stance

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    wider stance for grip or wider so you can rub massive camber like the stance boys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    wider stance

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Im running 215/45/17 rear is 2" drop and sits almost flush. In the front Im only dropped 1" same size tire, its not flush.

It sticks out a little on the sides for that race car look but still within the RTA guidelines.

I wouldn't stance a McPherson setup. If you think torque steer is a problem now......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Im running 215/45/17 rear is 2" drop and sits almost flush. In the front Im only dropped 1" same size tire, its not flush.

It sticks out a little on the sides for that race car look but still within the RTA guidelines.

I wouldn't stance a McPherson setup. If you think torque steer is a problem now......
    McPherson setup? Any pics of your DC5?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    mcpherson is the suspension set up used by newer hondas, it is cheaper to manufacturer and assemble, the downside though is the amount of control you keep of the geometry, older hondas (dc2-4, eg,ek, ap,na, cl, cu) have double wishbone. which is stronger and better for all the forces absorbed by the suspension, so when a car is closer to its limits (stanced) it does pus the capabilities a bit