Member Array
    Car:
    Civic coupe

Front camber arms

Hi all,
    Am slowly preparing my EM1 track day car and was having a good look at the Hard Race Front camber arms and noticed that who ever originally installed them have put the RHS on the LHS and vice versa for the LHS.

So heres the NOOB question is this a oversite or done for a reason (maybe more caster if reversed) or am i just over complicating things because they should be the same it makes no difference what side they are on.
    Go easy on me.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Some people do this on purpose for a slight increase of castor like you mentioned.
    It can have drawbacks though, your geometry can be less than ideal for bump steer for example. Search honda tech for castor/bump steer threads and you'll see a bit more about it, then you can decide if you want to keep it that way or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    afaik the ek/em upper control arms are symmetrical, only the eg/dc arms were offset
    having them flipped for an ek/em shouldn't matter

Google pic of hard race upper control arms shows them offset and labelled as L / R specific.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    ^ for the eg/dc chassis maybe, not for the ek/em
    source

Those pics don't really show it clearly. Look at the plan view pics on this site, it clearly shows the arms aren't symmetrical. I can't imagine why they would bother to mark them left vs right if they were the same.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...m-and-etc.html

Unless they make a version that is different to these....