Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic

CXi to gli brake swap info

So, I've got all the gli brake bits (bar booster and prop valve) to swap my cxi 242front drum rear to the gli 260front 239 rear.
    Is it neccesary to have the prop valve and gli brake booster? Or would it be fine without them, but just have a lot more forward bias than with the gli prop valve? And slightly harder brakes with the cxi booster?

Basically, I got the parts when I had money, now am broke. can I work without the gli prop and booster, or will it do something crazy bad?
    I mean, a good front bias in brakes is probably good for the track and hillclimbs

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    booster no prop valve yes

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    booster no prop valve yes
    If i may, what will it change? Just go from more front bias to more even bias?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    a prop valve for Disc brakes sends less brake pressure to the rear, since drum brakes require more pressure to work. So i have read. i did a brake swap, eg5 stock brakes to DC2 brakes front and rear, the DC2 had ABS so i re used my old prop valve, worked fine for me, the car felt less squirelly under brakes. i did use the bigger brake booster and MC. ABS cars have slightly different line fittings for the MC to Prop valve it wasnt a straight swap in for me

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Ohhh.
    That is interesting. Makes sense. I had the bias theory all backwards then. Whelp, worst case can try it, and if it sucks ass/ gets a bit tail happy, can swap it out.
    Interesting.

Could you throw a guess as to what kind of bias it'd offer?
    If that is true, it may end up being more rear orientated, which makes more sense for needing the swap

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i thought the Prop valve for disc's offered even pressure, and was regulated by smaller brake size, and the Drum PV would offer a 40F-60R split

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Entirely possible.
    Ah. Looks likr disc pv is definitely on the cards then, hah.
    Cheers for that