EP3/FN2/DC5S brakes fit on an EG Civic?

Sorry to ask a noob question. I'm just wanting to check that EP3R or FN2 front brake calipers should bolt right up to an EG as long as you:

• grind 3.2mm off the caliper brackets OR fit 3mm Spoon or JDMyard spacers behind the rotor
    • use a EP3/FN2/(DC5) rotor (300x25, height, ~64mm bore, an RSX-S rotor for yanks) that's redrilled to 4x100

So this should give a cost effective brake upgrade that fits under 16" wheels; and it seems better than running 282 DC2R or 266mm DC2 brakes on an EG, in theory.

Have I got this right?

http://honda-tech.com/suspension-bra...egras-3044628/

http://honda-tech.com/suspension-bra...tegra-2760281/

http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-...grade-2169149/

[My understanding is that the S2000 front calipers are the same as the EP3/DC5S/FN2 I think? With a RSX Type S rotor being required to use s2000 calipers, as the S2000 takes a somewhat different rotor. So using ep3r/dc5s calipers instead of the rarer s2000 ones should be no issue.]

Yes, the S2K caliper (16CL16VN) and DBA 2500 rotor (EP3R, DC5R etc, NON Brembo) will fit with a 3mm spacer under the rotor. Note that this will mean that the centre bore of the rotor won't engage on the hub spigot, so you need to ensure that you get the rotor perfectly centrerd. If you drill the rotor accurately enough, you can use the original locating screws to centralise the rotor.
    The other option, as you say, is to machine 3mm off the caliper mount.

Can't confirm that the S2K calipers are the same as others, but you can cross reference the numbers above.

It will fit under 6UL 15" wheels (just) and a couple of others, but 16" wheels is a much safer option.

Lastly: do you NEED 300mm rotors? The 282mm rotors will give you plenty of braking, even for the race track. If you're running a turbo K swap, then maybe 300mm is needed, but anything less you're probably wasting $$

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    Lastly: do you NEED 300mm rotors? The 282mm rotors will give you plenty of braking, even for the race track.
    Thanks Hondarally.

Actually my post comes about because "the guy" at Subaru parts was highly pessimistic that subaru's 4-pots can cope with mallala (all because I just wanted to order the factory "brake duct"), as mallala has three hairpins; I was thinking how can I have a car that's lighter, slower and more overbraked, i.e., safer -- and I do like Honda a lot, lot, lot more anyway and I prefer vtec and FWD handling. Somehow can't justify spending money on a subaru, whereas I got quite excited about researching parts for an EG, it's a Honda after all!
    Last edited by JordanMugen; 08-04-2015 at 11:05 AM.