Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

Aftermarket Sway Bars - Difference between RHD and LHD

Looking to order some front and rear sway bars from the US. Does anyone know if they will still fit considering US are LHD whereas we are RHD.

All the same man.
    What sway bars are you looking at getting?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Todxxx View Post
    All the same man.
    What sway bars are you looking at getting?
    Are you 100% sure Todd? Looking at getting eibach adjustable sway bars, but Eibach Aus says LHD ones won't fit. Is he lying?

Plenty of people that I know that have ordered the eibach sway bars through eBay and other sellers from the U.S. And they fit fine with no issues.

Eibach are made in the U.S. (LHD) and all I can see eibach Australia doing is ordering from them then shipping to you so I don't get why they said they won't fit.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Plenty of people that I know that have ordered the eibach sway bars through eBay and other sellers from the U.S. And they fit fine with no issues.

Eibach are made in the U.S. (LHD) and all I can see eibach Australia doing is ordering from them then shipping to you so I don't get why they said they won't fit.
    Alright Todd I'll take your word for it and with your build thread I'd say you probably know more than me Thanks for your help man really appreciate it.

EDIT: P.S. can you think of any reason why the guy might have said it wouldn't fit RHD? Is there something different in terms of the chassis layout compared to LHD?
    Last edited by project_sokudo; 15-04-2015 at 02:56 PM.

haha not just my word. i wouldnt go purely off that. I just know of numerous people who are using them in aus. Same as people overseas using whiteline sway bars and theyre made in aus...
    i cant see what would make a difference and cause them not to fit.

my only guess as to why he said they wouldnt fit is to boost their own sales?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    haha not just my word. i wouldnt go purely off that. I just know of numerous people who are using them in aus. Same as people overseas using whiteline sway bars and theyre made in aus...
    i cant see what would make a difference and cause them not to fit.

my only guess as to why he said they wouldnt fit is to boost their own sales?
    Well I've told them to deliver the bars as usual and can't wait to fit them! Have you been in an S2K with those bars fitted and would you say the feel is evident or can't really tell?

Good thing I got my low profile jack in the mail, can finally work on my car PROPERLY!