Passenger door won't close? HELP

Hey guys,

My 98 integra passenger door won't close properly. It will shut and lock, but the interior light and 'door open' sign keep flashing on and off.

what would be causing this? it seems as though the front of the door doesn't line up with the guard, and the back obviously looks as though it is open.

Thanks for your help
    Matt

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    have you tried pushing it closed?

probably the door switch is gone, easy to get out and replace, take out the bolts holding it, unclip it from the harness, and swap out the new one

yiz
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

I've tried to push it further closed but it just bounces back.

It opens etc fine. It just doesn't shut enough for the interior light to turn off (or the little red open door sign to turn off) - they usually flicker

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Ohhhhh I see, have you checked the latch on the side of the door to see if it's been pushed down? If it has, get a screwdriver and prop it back up
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

You should realign the door not the switch.

Some cars have a little rubber thing on the inside of the door jam that pushes in like a button when the door is closed and turns off the interior light. I'm not sure if integras have this but if it does maybe that little rubber thing is worn and broken.

Thanks all for your help

Rossirider you were right, the door needed to be aligned. Its all good now.

Thanks again guys