Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question newbie crashed his cxi and loking for part

Hi guys, I am a newbie

I recently crash to barrier. the bonnet folded, bumper cracked, and also the "metal" with the bonnet catch was banned,which pushed the coolant box touching the air cleaner.

It is really bad? what parts am I looking for to replace?

sorry if it is hard to understand, I am not familiar with the terms.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Post pics
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

sorry, I don't have the internal picture right now...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE

no worries boonga

part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    fark dat looks fukin gammin cuz, hope yous got da gunyans involved ay

fukin lucky u lot dat u kunts are fukin gubbas coz dem gunyans would blame us black fellas for dat shit
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    replace the bonnet and see how it fits, should be right
    OEM parts whore

You could try bending it straight with some vice grips just for a temporary fix til you can get a new bonnet could even try smacking it straight with a hammer.
    Last edited by Renaissance_x; 22-04-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks for the bad rep renzo however as for a 'hammer just making it worse' or whatever you claim..

My crown section of metal pushed in near one of the rear tail lights so much so that there was half an inch panel gap all around where the tail light would be.

I straightened it with a selection of hammers and other tools very slowly and now you can barely even tell it was ever damaged... Will post pics later.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    So just using a hammer will straighten metal out?

You are sure that's a good idea?

Try it on a bent piece of metal with no backing and let me know how you go
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

You do realise panel beaters use hammers and dollies to straighten metal? I help oup a mate who owns a panel beatinbg buisness and he has taught me a few things so I know what I'm talking about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mhF7TSOh0Cl1WsCdGfIVdLw.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	28038

That bonnet is so bent almost anything could make it better... I gaurantee I could make it straighter by just taking the bonnet off and using just a hammer and some vice grips.
    Last edited by Renaissance_x; 23-04-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    You do realise panel beaters use hammers and dollies to straighten metal? I help oup a mate who owns a panel beatinbg buisness and he has taught me a few things so I know what I'm talking about.

you are worse than SPMR