Hi all,

A noob here so apologies if the info is not detailed enough but will try my best to explain my problem:

I have a 2006 Honda Accord Euro Manual, and have been having issues where the car would suddenly turn off as I am slowing down or stopping.
Let's say I'm slowing down at a set of lights or give way, I put the car into first gear and the engine would suddenly turn off (sort of like it has stalled but the car is still moving if that makes sense). The electrics are still on and I am able to turn it back on immediately and keep driving. This has happened around 6 times in the past 18 months. I've taken to a mechanic who was not able to pinpoint the problem. I am now looking for a better one.

Yesterday however, this issue got a lot worse as it suddenly stopped but the whole car switched off, engine and electrics and was completely dead. I was slowing down for a red light, put the car in neutral to let it roll and then the car just completely shut down. I couldn't even put on my hazard lights so my car was dead in the middle of a three lane road. I had to get it towed back but when it got home, the car started up again and I was able to move it back into the driveway.

So now I'm looking for a good mechanic north of Perth to take it to, but am also hesitant on driving the car just in case it dies again with no warning.

Has anyone encountered this problem in the past or can they shed any light on this issue? Is it a known issue with this vehicle? I've looked online for similar issues without any luck so hopefully can get some info here.

Cheers