Thread: CL9 overheating

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro

CL9 overheating

Got stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway this evening and noticed the temp gauge after about 5 mins at 3/4 on the scale. Watched for a little bit and it was stable then came down to about half and back up again this happened about 3 times over the course of 10 mins. Had a thought (eventually) to crank the heater and within about a minute, the temp was back at normal. Got through the traffic then and temp stayed at normal until home. I then let it run while stationary for about 2 mins and temp got up to just past half and fans weren't coming on. I then shut it off.

So I'm thinking the fan motor or fan switch isn't working - thoughts?

Given the regularity in temp variation I am wondering if the AC fan kicks in at higher temp and that's what has controlled the temp from a total overheat. Pump, thermostat, radiator would all be working as intended given the normal temp when driving (coolant is obviously flowing to and from the engine)
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Connect your fans directly to your battery by using jumping wires and see if they kick over
    if they do
    It might be a relay problem
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    also check temp stat
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars