Max Audio Set Up For DC5 Running Stock?

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of what i can run comfortably off a standard Honda Integra DC5 battery and alternator?

Ideally i'd like to install single din head unit, four channel 4 x 100 RMS amp running to four speakers, Mono Block Sub running to a 600w RMS sub.

Would this kind of system tend to be to much of a load for the amps this car puts out? If it is, can anyone give me guidelines of what i should be looking for?

thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    That should be right its not too much of a load on the car but you may need to buy a capacitor.

Personally I think you are wasting money getting speakers for the rear of the car (assuming that you aren't putting all four in the front) You won't hear them at all and they don't contribute anything more to sound quality but more overall volume. I had a set of splits in the front and I left the rear speakers stock (for sound 'filling' purposes) and it worked fine, just make sure you set the head unit up to not allow any low frequency sound into the rear speakers so they don't distort.

The set up I used was a Pioneer HU with 3 RCA outs (I didn't use the rear pair but wanted the capability in case of upgrade, but I didn't need it.) Hertz 4x 100w rms amplifier, a set of Hertz HSK-165 for the front and a 12" Orion dual voice coil sub.

The front speakers were powered by the amp, the rear from the head unit and the sub was bridged over the 2 rear channels of the amp which were hooked up to the sub RCA out.

It was loud, clear and more than I ever needed.

It is probably a good idea to note that rating speakers sound quality on their RMS power rating or MAX power rating won't get you far. The only thing those numbers mean are the general requirements to power the speakers. You could find a set of speakers which have a 50wrms recommendation but sound much better than another pair with an 80wrms rating. The loudness of a speaker is determined by the relationship between the power being fed into it by the amp and it's efficiency to convert that power into sound.

Thanks mate that's extremely helpful. In regards to your set up, does the 200W going to the subwoofer give it enough power to make a loud bang? You're right i figured more RMS = More Noise. But after reading your reply everything you have said makes me lean towards just a single amplifier.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I think the rear speakers make a difference in the DC5 due to its mounting point.

Some notes i can hear more via Rear then the front splits on my dc5. I think its cos the speakers are mounted like that in the cabin.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    This is the amp I'm running: http://www.meetgadget.com/gadget/27395/Hertz+EP+4+X
    If you bridge it into a 4ohm sub (dual 2ohm voice coils) it'll output 320W rms.... more than enough to deafen you. I put the above system into my CRX Sol and it has more than enough power to be heard from the boot and those cars are notorious for muffling the sound.

amant02 has given me advice in the past as well which was really helpful, so if he's saying that you'll be better off with the rear speakers as well then I would consider that too.