Hey Fellas!
Well, this is my first post as a 2002 Honda DC5R owner, and sadly, it isn't good news.
So I already had a Pioneer F900BT Double Din head unit installed, and the wiring that was done on it was all "twist and tape", it worked fine, however, my OCD tendancy forced me to go ahead and redo the whole thing. So I got either end of an iso harness, soldered the right end onto the pioneer harness, and the other end onto the car. With all the power side, and audio plugs connected, I hooked up the antenna plug (the thick as one) and tuned the car on, but nothing! I tried again and again, but nothing. I tried it in ACC, and also while running. The heater and everything else works however, but my Pionner headunit had nothing.
I am yet to check fuses, but then I also realised that my central locking was not working, and that my remote for the locking also wasn't doing anything (the status light on the remote flashes though). I can only trigger all the locks from inside the car, if it is on, (ACC or engine running).
Just as a heads up, on the wiring harness;
-the antenna wire (blue coloured) on the ISO plug doesn't lead to anything in the cars harness.
-the red wire with the grey spots from the car is not connected to anything on the ISO harness, or the Pioneer harness.
-the brown wire with a yellow stripe from the car is not connected to anything on the ISO harness, or the Pioneer harness.
So, has anyone else ran into a similar problem, and is this a common fault? I have read something about not connecting the dimmer wire, and something else about fuse 9 under the hood.
Please help.
Thanks.
Kiwi