Anyone got some old rear calipers (nissin w/handbrake) they can do some measurements?

I am wondering if someone has a set off a car that can do me a solid?

I would like to know the offset between the center of the caliper slide ears to the center of the piston
    It would help me out a great deal...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rears4.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	28115

thanks.

Aw fk! I just had my EK4 calipers in hand today! Which model are you chasing? I have EK4 and DC2R (tho the latter are mounted to a car at present) How accurate do you need?

On the other hand, what exactly are you trying to achieve? Brake swap? There are some known combos out there already, might save trying to reinvent the wheel.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic coupe
    Hey Hondarally,
    Which known combos are available, i am looking for a 2 or 4 piston set up for my car with a larger disc size than std rear discs.

Hey Howard, I just fitted dc2r rear calipers with eu civic rotors (260 mm dia) to my track car. That's probably as much as you'll ever need on the back. I'll get the numbers and shoot some details to you tomorrow.

Howard, I used the DC2R rear calipers with the 2001 - 06(ish) 1.7 SOHC civic 4 and 5 door rear rotor (DBA part No 2502). These rotors are identical to DC2R rear rotors, except they are already 4x100, and have the smaller (61mm) centre bore to match EK4 hubs (and EG6 most likely, and probably GLI EK civics with the disc brake rear end). This setup fits perfectly onto the EK4 (and I presume EM1) rear hub assembly, giving the correct offset for the caliper. The only problem I found is that although the centre bore of the rotor is correct (61mm), it has such a big chamfer on the inside of the bore that the hub spigot doesn't actually engage in the bore, allowing the rotor to seat itself wherever it wants. This takes a bit of fiddling to get into the right spot before you tighten the tapered screws (don't rely on them centering the rotor, as they won't)

This setup will work well with the DC2R 280mm front brakes. Use Mini Cooper (non S) front rotors with DC2R calipers (or any of the number of other Hondas that carry the same caliper, eg CRV's, Preludes etc). Photos of the front brake setup are below:

You can go to 300mm front rotors using S2000 calipers and DC5R rotors, but these need a spacer under the rotor (about 2.5-3mm) or machine the equivalent off the caliper mounting ears (not an option I like). The 260mm rear setup will still be good for this setup, given the amount of front bias you need in these cars. You'll need a 16" wheel though, for this setup.

From here, you can go for 4 piston Wilwood or AP calipers with a proper 2 piece rotor setup at the front (I'd leave the back with the 260mm setup), but now you're getting into some big $$. If the setup above isn't adequate, then I'll be looking at the 2 piece option with proper racing calipers. After I sell a few slightly used body parts, and maybe my first born.