Question FD1 vs FD2 vs FD2R Chasis

Hi all,

I've searched forums, and specs, however I'm not getting the info that I'm looking for.

I'm curious about the Difference in these Chasis - I found that the FD2R chasis apparently has alot more aluminium welded on it as opposed to the others, makin git more lighter and rigid?

Theres no concrete info on the topic. Is anyone able to shed some light on this please, or direct me to a site that could possibly highlight the differences?

Cheers
    K

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    I suspect the difference between fd1 and fd2 R chassis is extra welds to aid chassis stiffness.

What do you mean more aluminum weld on ??

FD2R subframe is also alot beefier and has extra reinforcement over than fd1 and fd2 subframe, Im using 1 and it also has cannards attached 2 subframe 2 help cool brakes.

Fd2 body has more sound deadening material than fd1 hence why its performance is the same as fd1 despite its 2L and dohc.

Inspiration for FD2R came from a Spoon built fd1 running an fd2 subframe

Does that clear everything up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    I suspect the difference between fd1 and fd2 R chassis is extra welds to aid chassis stiffness.

What do you mean more aluminum weld on ??

FD2R subframe is also alot beefier and has extra reinforcement over than fd1 and fd2 subframe, Im using 1 and it also has cannards attached 2 subframe 2 help cool brakes.

Fd2 body has more sound deadening material than fd1 hence why its performance is the same as fd1 despite its 2L and dohc.

Inspiration for FD2R came from a Spoon built fd1 running an fd2 subframe

Does that clear everything up ?
    Yeah thanks for the response....I worded that sentence a bit weird. I just meant the additional welds.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Pm brian fd2r, he will be able to help you
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe