Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r

Help! - EP3 2002 Central Locking Actuators

Hi there,

Need some part # advice. Both central locking door actuators have failed recently on my 2002 JDM EP3 and its making me cry a little every night (i'm a bit sensitive lol) ...

I've gotten a quote from collins honda: almost $200 per side!@#!@#! The part numbers they suggested were:

- 72155-S5A-003
    - 72115-S5A-A01

This got me a little confused...I think these may be for a US-spec Civic SI, which I understand would be incompatible (LHD).

Can anyone provide some clarity on what part numbers would be appropriate here?

Thanks,

Shayne

Have you taken off the door cards to have a look at the actuators?

Do they make any noise like an attempt to lock/unlock?

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragon^^ View Post
    Have you taken off the door cards to have a look at the actuators?

Do they make any noise like an attempt to lock/unlock?
    Yes I have...the relay is engaging but the motor is pretty dead...I have verified that the elec signals are being sent to the modules correctly (using a DMM)...

sooo...yes I do need to replace these actuators...

Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    Yes I have...the relay is engaging but the motor is pretty dead...I have verified that the elec signals are being sent to the modules correctly (using a DMM)...

sooo...yes I do need to replace these actuators...
    OK, cool. I asked because I had those symptoms (actuators were firing but door wasn't unlocking/locking) and discovered that a little metal clip that connects the actuator with the lock was broken and only had to replace that.

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    Update: those part numbers listed are indeed the correct ones for a JDM EP3...

The passenger side is easy to find from US etc but the drivers side is a real biatch!@#

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    You can use universal ones. So much cheaper